Jim

Time to say goodbye to my Corrado

Crikey mate, this shocked me a bit! But good stuff, onwards/ upwards etc :)

Shame the Daimler is gone too, lovely thing that. I'll never forget the jag only parking at goodwood :lol:

I'll never forget driving home down the country lanes from Goodwood back to the hotel, not realising the dynamo wasn't charging the battery and wondering why the headlights were like candles! It was ridiculous!!

That was a cracking weekend though (despite having to get the Daimler recovered from the side of the M3 by the AA in order to get home.. that was a long day) - one of many great memories that wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for being a part of this forum & club.

1969 Daimler 2.5 V8 Saloon :)

Lovely. My mums bloke has a 73 E Type in her garage . I keep on and on to get it out and get an mot on it .

E-Type's are only going up and up in value.. must be worth a few quid now, that! Is it a V12?

Didn't see this coming Jim. The stats say you'll be back. Corrado owner or not you are still part of the furniture and hope you don't vanish..

E-Type's are only going up and up in value.. must be worth a few quid now, that! Is it a V12?

Yes it is Jim . 58k genuine on the clock!

My neighbour has an all original series 1 coupe. Must be worth £150k. Spoke to him about it once, he was like many of us on here and saying it was meant to be driven... often see him off to Tesco in it.

My neighbour has an all original series 1 coupe. Must be worth £150k. Spoke to him about it once, he was like many of us on here and saying it was meant to be driven... often see him off to Tesco in it.

Whoever had the foresight (or just sheer good luck) to buy one of those must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Whoever had the foresight (or just sheer good luck) to buy one of those must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I think he said he is the second owner. No idea what he paid for it but they were only £3k new so not a bad investment!

What are you thinking next mate? BMW?

I'll never forget driving home down the country lanes from Goodwood back to the hotel, not realising the dynamo wasn't charging the battery and wondering why the headlights were like candles! It was ridiculous!!

That was a cracking weekend though (despite having to get the Daimler recovered from the side of the M3 by the AA in order to get home.. that was a long day) - one of many great memories that wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for being a part of this forum & club.

Agreed top weekend and as you say Jim these cars bring us together with great friends and make great memories. Glad and sad all the same that you have sold it. Best of luck with the new motor looking forward to seeing it

Sad times but you'll still be on here with your knowledge good luck finding a replacement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not the most surprising thread with a few false starts at selling in the past. Seems a shame you're pretty set on not having another in the future though, these cars need good owners now!

TonyT.. shout if you need help with anything, I can't be many miles away! And bring it to queens square some time - Second sunday morning of each month.

Not surprised Jim after reading your thread, can understand.

Hope you find something else to fill the void or simply just enjoy all the extra free time.

Learnt a lot from your comments and threads over the last few years.

Hi Jim, sorry to hear you are done for now. I had a similar thing back in 2003. I'd had 2 Corrados and both cost me a small fortune to own. Then I had 10 years out and finally came back to them when I could afford one as a weekend toy......they are too fragile for a daily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously not surprised to see you've sold mate but as many have said it's sad to see you go. I'm sure you will hang around as this is by far the friendliest forum I've ever been on. I bet that after you've had a decent break from actually owning one, you'll spot one and be reminded why you used to like them so much. You may never own one again......but you might :)

Traitor !!!

This is just outrageous Jim !!

Think we should start a Secret Betting Scheme - How long before he is back ?

Sure he would buy the right one - like mine if I ever sold it !!!

We must do a Dinner Meet soon. :-)

Traitor !!!

lol

best response yet Wendy :)

i will take

Traitor !!!

Yes - been thinking we're well overdue dinner. Give me about a month - pretty busy with a lot of stuff, but will try sort something soon?? :)

I promise you whilst I'll always think the Corrado is fantastic and there will always be a place in my heart for it, I think I'm done with ownership for the forseeable future!

Still reeling from this announcement. After I spoke to you Stanford Hall a couple of years ago and promised to get my car back on the road I thought you'd always be there for me!

Well I've missed again already this year, MJ Interiors can't get my seats in until end of April so I've failed.....I'll be there next year though!!!

Good luck with whatever you do Jim, hope to see you around in the future.

Thanks mate - appreciate that. I still plan to go along to some shows and will still be on here! If nothing else I try my best to regurgitate information or help people find old threads containing old solutions to problems so hopefully I'll still be of some use to folks. I was never exactly a trailblazer in actually fixing problems myself.. just using and re-sharing the knowledge of others.

Just seen this as don't get on here that often these days.

Am sure you've been pondering as I have for a very long time mate.

I guess it happens to us all but I know the people I've met on here and worth the ccgb are amongst some of our greatest friends that share a similar interest.

I know I'll always look back on Corrado ownership with fond memories of all the great people like you that I've met.

Thanks Jim xx

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Edited by KIPVW