Keyo

Are these Vento competition 16 alloys

43 minutes ago, fendervg said:

That was probably the idea for the racing cars! I think they came as part of a kit including Brembo 4-pots and bigger discs, ready to be fitted on to the car. I found a site with the Vento Cup specification kit-out, must see if I can find it again....

Yes please do Fen. Here are some photos of them on the car. Wearing 205 45 advised by Sean which are spot on to be honest.  Think they really suit a black car with the brilliant silver. 

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

Edited by Keyo

41 minutes ago, fendervg said:

This one looks pretty original:

http://racingbazar.com/vehicles/streetcar/ex_volkswagen_vento_vr6_challenge_cup_car_for_sale_1994

Gemini diff

AP 4-pots 300mm

Custom roll cage

I did before see an itemised "list" of what was in the race spec and supplied by VWMS.....

Its funny the seller says  not from a registered car,Vince use to get the kits when he worked for a Vento race team and he told me VW made the race teams buy a complete Vento VR6 as from factory and they had to strip them out and would not sell them the chassis -  they wanted it for units as they had poor sale figures. Not sure why they didnt come with a VSR. They also had a Gemini head on the engine .  Wow the size of discs and pads on the pictures. 

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Yes please do Fen. Here are some photos of them on the car. Wearing 205 45 advised by Sean which are spot on to be honest.  Think they really suit a black car with the brilliant silver. 

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

I’ve been looking forward to seeing those wheels on, very good, look like they belong 👍

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Its funny the seller says  not from a registered car,Vince use to get the kits when he worked for a Vento race team and he told me VW made the race teams buy a complete Vento VR6 as from factory and they had to strip them out and would not sell them the chassis -  they wanted it for units as they had poor sale figures. Not sure why they didnt come with a VSR. They also had a Gemini head on the engine .  Wow the size of discs and pads on the pictures. 

VSR adds low down torque, no good on a high revving race car.

17 minutes ago, Dox said:

VSR adds low down torque, no good on a high revving race car.

Ah got you , is it fair to say the VWMS VSR has no race history. 

26 minutes ago, tonedef said:

I’ve been looking forward to seeing those wheels on, very good, look like they belong 👍

Thanks TD just scared to death the top decal caps that are stuck on to the speedline caps are going to fly off - renewart put one of those naff foam pads on it , put some 3m double sided  - now used tiger seal one that was coming loose. 

Edited by Keyo

3 hours ago, Keyo said:

Ah got you , is it fair to say the VWMS VSR has no race history. 

I seem to remember VWAC magazine saying there was no advantage in quarter mile times between stock and VSR, the change over point is 4k RPM so after first gear (and wheelspin) you never dropped below 4K during the run. In gear acceleration was improved, 30MPH - 70MPH in 3rd for example

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Definitely look better than the standard speedlines, very nice 👍 

Thanks Shaun. 

6 minutes ago, Cressa said:

At that price and condition they can stay rare for me

😂👍

Just now, Keyo said:

These alloys would look sweet on a Rado. 

I bought them because I got frustrated trying to buy cups lol.

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

Some nice 16" speedlines on gumtree. I just cant post the link !!

Seen them 🥴

That's a good price for what look like a clean set with good paint and tryes- pretty sure these were very expensive on the group buy- I would bite the sellers hand off if I needed a set. 

1 minute ago, Dox said:

Common on scoobys? I’m sure redborbet had them on his car?

I’m not sure, if they are indeed 57.1 centres then I guess they’ve had some work done? Are Subaru not a bit smaller? I don’t think there is much in it