Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

Well done, I however am happy to be ignorant of these type of facts until it feels broken, I’d end up with the engine in 1000 pieces just to find I’ve done the test wrong 🤣

Great figures there mate! As much as you played it down I would have been worried after the first time around, but those lovely and tight. 👍

3 hours ago, easypops said:

Well done, I however am happy to be ignorant of these type of facts until it feels broken, I’d end up with the engine in 1000 pieces just to find I’ve done the test wrong 🤣

🤣🤣 if i could have, I probably would have.. 

8 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Great figures there mate! As much as you played it down I would have been worried after the first time around, but those lovely and tight. 👍

🤣 Honestly I thought they were acceptable!!! But these test figures make ma feel better. I wont do it again incase I get bad results and then stress 😱 

I wanted to ask what exhaust you have , was it you that purchased one recently?

So, now that the bottom of the engine seems fine, should I put the Schrick manifold on, or is there a test I can do in the cylinder head just to make sure that is healthy at 122k.

One day the chains will get done, I just want to get some use out of her first for all that she has cost me.

Thoughts please 🙈

26 minutes ago, Cressa said:

So, now that the bottom of the engine seems fine, should I put the Schrick manifold on, or is there a test I can do in the cylinder head just to make sure that is healthy at 122k.

One day the chains will get done, I just want to get some use out of her first for all that she has cost me.

Thoughts please 🙈

Get it on 👍

36 minutes ago, Cressa said:

🤣🤣 if i could have, I probably would have.. 

🤣 Honestly I thought they were acceptable!!! But these test figures make ma feel better. I wont do it again incase I get bad results and then stress 😱 

I wanted to ask what exhaust you have , was it you that purchased one recently?

Not me no. I have a Jetex but I did clean clean it up with some toilet cleaner which made a massive difference. 'stainless hack' in the car care section details. 👍

Edited by seanl82

I’d want a base figure first, then fit the Schrick and a map. In other words let stealth fit the mani

Edited by Dox

As far as Im aware you need a map otherwise will lead to pinking- you could phone Vince and ask him to buy a chip and how he fits them to the ecu - also I imagine you have the bar tek gaskets. 

9 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Not me no. I have a Jetex but I did clean clean it up with some toilet cleaner which made a massive difference. 'stainless hack' in the car care section details. 👍

Love a stainless hack.... I thought someone recently bought a Supersprint exhaust

I believe obd2 is more adaptive to engine mods than obd1,so convert it and you won't need a remap!

21 hours ago, Keyo said:

As far as Im aware you need a map otherwise will lead to pinking- you could phone Vince and ask him to buy a chip and how he fits them to the ecu - also I imagine you have the bar tek gaskets. 

Oh I  have those super expensive gaskets.... I have refurbed the whole unit,  so just needs to be fitted.

Unfortunately I like to 'have a go' and want to  learn about the car as I go. Fitting it isnt a worry, but If she doesn't run right after fitting, I certainly will take it to Vince. 

I did the power run previously, so that I could do it again after the Schrick was fitted

Just need to sort the front mount and bonnet cut first 🙄😁

Edited by Cressa
Grammar

It will be remapped I'm sure, to make it run right. I just don't want to get carried away and end up with a set of cams in it too 😂😂 Atleast not until I take the engine out

9 hours ago, Cressa said:

It will be remapped I'm sure, to make it run right. I just don't want to get carried away and end up with a set of cams in it too 😂😂 Atleast not until I take the engine out

You would go 268 cams with a schrick = although I have heard they can run a little lumpy on 268 cams- not sure of this is true. I run mine on stock cams. 

6 hours ago, Keyo said:

You would go 268 cams with a schrick = although I have heard they can run a little lumpy on 268 cams- not sure of this is true. I run mine on stock cams. 

I ran 268s with the Schrick and never really thought it was that lumpy. Foolishly sold the manifold when I converted to OBD2 but did keep the cams in, maybe the lumpiness offsets some of the smoothness from the improved ECU setup!

21 hours ago, fla said:

I believe obd2 is more adaptive to engine mods than obd1,so convert it and you won't need a remap!

A lovely thought,  but out of my league at the moment  😳

21 minutes ago, Cressa said:

A lovely thought,  but out of my league at the moment  😳

You're an accomplished Corrado mechanic Cressa, its not that hard just time consuming

These are nice numbers and you must definitely feel relieved after that second run... Good for you! 

I've been debating between 263 or 268!

Nice day expected tomorrow,  so Karmann can come out for a spirited drive to take me to work. 

Cant wait 😁

23 hours ago, GrahamU said:

how was it, have a good drive

Was a pleasure to open her up down the motorway.  I'm sure the car appreciates it, even if it just reminds me of the niggly jobs I need to do 😄

Edited by Cressa

2nd time this week that I have managed to get Karmann out the garage for a good drive.  Only today I managed to pick up a rear puncture and a knocking from the front end !!! Still enjoyed taking her out though. 

The biggest shocker was no Super Unleaded at my usual garage.... next 3 garages didnt even do it.. Ended up on deepest Derbyshire paying £1.44 a litre, 😱 I didnt realise daylight robbery still existed..

20 hours ago, Cressa said:

2nd time this week that I have managed to get Karmann out the garage for a good drive.  Only today I managed to pick up a rear puncture and a knocking from the front end !!! Still enjoyed taking her out though. 

The biggest shocker was no Super Unleaded at my usual garage.... next 3 garages didnt even do it.. Ended up on deepest Derbyshire paying £1.44 a litre, 😱 I didnt realise daylight robbery still existed..

petrol is a joke still m8

£1.39 a litre for v power yesterday 😞