Dox

Calling past members, log in, say hello and update life n cars please

Hey mate, great minds! I came on here earlier and it's a shame it's not more popular. 

I think we could bring it back, it's so much better for tracking conversations

I agree, I’ve also emailed Toby to see about bringing back the Moderator status for whoever did it previously as it seems to have lapsed 

I’ve not left this site and still update my thread as much as I can.

shame this forum isn’t like it used to be, much better then Facebook as it’s easier to see what each person is doing with their cars.

bring back the forum 👍

Great idea! I'm still here although started a thread on FB (not too great on using it tbh!) just to see who from here was there and to a degree to relate to some of our good ol' names!

14 hours ago, easypops said:

I agree, I’ve also emailed Toby to see about bringing back the Moderator status for whoever did it previously as it seems to have lapsed 

let me know how that goes

i know i still have my mod rights & i do try to keep on top of spam users & spam post as best i can - im not sure who else still has mod rights though

36 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

i know i still have my mod rights & i do try to keep on top of spam users & spam post as best i can - im not sure who else still has mod rights though

I did have them but unsure when they disappeared? Possibly when the membership was renewed 

Great idea. I prefer a forum over facebook for reading.

I am a moderator and do what I can behind g0ldf1ng3r in volume though.

I'll update my thread as have done quite a lot recently.

For me the Forum is my only source for Corrado. I'm not signed up to Facebook and similar sites.

The £15 charge is a bit of a hurdle I think. I see one or two new members creating an account most days.  Nothing is free and personally I don't mind the sub charge,  but I'm presuming people who use FB may find the charge off putting. 

Facebook is useful for parts and seeing what people are doing on their cars however, it lacks the facility for a build thread with all the pics etc in one place like the forum has.

Here you can go on somebody’s build thread and go through from the start to finish.

Still alive and look into the forum during my morning news browse each morning. Had the opportunity to get a 2.0 litre recently but reluctantly decided against it as it needs to be a reliable daily and getting parts and problem solving didn't make it a viable option plus she who thinks she is obeyed thinks I should be sensible and make use of my bus pass.

Still usually look in everyday - but corrado quiet at the moment 

Just got my car motd again with less than 150miles from the previous year

On 9/20/2023 at 2:42 PM, Dox said:

As above, you’ve been away too long!

Still here, just can't get the car out of the garage still. 🙄 

I love the forum but the biggest pain is NOT being able to search now or move backwards or forwards on a page... That breaks me. 

I'm a Samsung person and no update has ever solved this problem. Soo annoying and overtime forces me to use this less.

20 hours ago, Wullie said:

Still alive and look into the forum during my morning news browse each morning. Had the opportunity to get a 2.0 litre recently but reluctantly decided against it as it needs to be a reliable daily and getting parts and problem solving didn't make it a viable option plus she who thinks she is obeyed thinks I should be sensible and make use of my bus pass.

It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission - at one point I had 7 cars, when it got a little frosty I'd just go outside for a little warm.

48 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Still here, just can't get the car out of the garage still. 🙄 

I love the forum but the biggest pain is NOT being able to search now or move backwards or forwards on a page... That breaks me. 

I'm a Samsung person and no update has ever solved this problem. Soo annoying and overtime forces me to use this less.

To move through the pages I have to hold my finger on the next page button an it opens the next page in a different window but closes the one I’m on (if that makes sense?)

On 9/24/2023 at 9:53 AM, ChrisL said:

To move through the pages I have to hold my finger on the next page button an it opens the next page in a different window but closes the one I’m on (if that makes sense?)

Ah, good idea. For me it was pot luck if it changed page or not. Most of the time i was only able to read just the opened page

Just another question - was there any way to retrieve all those pics and information accumulated over the years? I know its not an easy task 

2 hours ago, fla said:

Ah, good idea. For me it was pot luck if it changed page or not. Most of the time i was only able to read just the opened page

Just another question - was there any way to retrieve all those pics and information accumulated over the years? I know its not an easy task 

I reckon those are gone and lost. Some seem to remain though which is strange.

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I reckon those are gone and lost. Some seem to remain though which is strange.

I think it was when the forum changed hands and had to be re-built.

I kept all mine in an archive and re-installed them recently, which was a pain, time consuming and I’m sure some are mixed up, but it’s the only place I have a record of the work completed to my car. Just something to do on a rainy afternoon. Quite enjoyed it. Lot’s of memories. Good and bad 🙂

On 9/24/2023 at 9:53 AM, ChrisL said:

To move through the pages I have to hold my finger on the next page button an it opens the next page in a different window but closes the one I’mm on (if that makes sense?)

👍👍😂😂 it only blooming worked for me. Not perfect,  but better. 

On 9/21/2023 at 11:12 AM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

Toby just replied, myself and Fendervg are Moderators again 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, easypops said:

Toby just replied, myself and Fendervg are Moderators again 👍

that is good news easy

i dont suppose he mentioned anything about fixing some of the issues mentioned above did he?