Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Ripped out all the leather and cleaned all the carpets found £1 in change (pesky money eating seats) conditioned all the leather and put it all back in

Parked mine up tonight ready for the long sleep over winter.

Going to give it a wash and a good coat of wax over the next couple of weeks and cover it up. :(

Roll on March

Got my lower manifold back from the vapour blasters and got all my brackets etc.. Off the car ready for shot blasting and power coating! :)

Just picked mine up from VW after a brake pipe split yesterday.

Spent £318 on new rear brake pipes, £240 of it was labour!

'We washed it for you' said The Man. Should bloody well think so!

Just picked mine up from VW after a brake pipe split yesterday.

Spent £318 on new rear brake pipes, £240 of it was labour!

'We washed it for you' said The Man. Should bloody well think so!

I nearly fell over reading that.

Took it for a drive 26 miles furthest I`ve ever been in it:o

Took some pics before it goes back into hibernation:thumbleft:

pressure washed the arches and got the rears rolled ready for the new rimage and coilovers in a couple weeks time,

Took mine out of the garage to service my motorcycle. Of course it began to rain... ggrrrrr.... ;(

Fortunately it also gave me a chance to grab my new Momo steering wheel :)

So this weekend is Corrado-washing-time. Not a bad way to spend some time ;)

Now, it's time for a nice jazz album on the tape recorder ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

11%2B-%2B1

Dropped my fans onto my new radiator :) Was a good fit... no bending of brackets required...

Decided to have a look at my reversing lights (G60) that stopped working a few months ago after being intermittent for years. Fault was corroded contacts on the switch on top of the gear change mechanism, quite easy to remove just unplug wires & undo 2 x 9mm bolts & its off. Gently prize the end off, held in by 3 plastic lugs & then gently remove a rubber diaphragm to expose the switch contacts, clean contacts & spray with contact cleaner, reassemble & its fixed, works better than its done for years.

OK not today but MOT's the C last week, passed after a couple of new rear shocks. Another year of the C coming up...mmmm

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

pressure washed the arches and got the rears rolled ready for the new rimage and coilovers in a couple weeks time,

Seen folk mention this before - what is arch rolling?

OK not today but MOT's the C last week, passed after a couple of new rear shocks. Another year of the C coming up...mmmm

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Seen folk mention this before - what is arch rolling?

Bending the inside of the wheel arch so that bigger wheels don't rub, like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXm98bxAedw

Spent the day pulling and tugging the rear beam out then stripping it down ready for blasting and powder coating. Loads of seized bits, rusty bits and bits that'll need replacing.....I can feel a big shopping list approaching!

Ended up with a big pile of bits to drop in at the powder coaters tomorrow!

Spent the day pulling and tugging the rear beam out then stripping it down ready for blasting and powder coating. Loads of seized bits, rusty bits and bits that'll need replacing.....I can feel a big shopping list approaching!

Ended up with a big pile of bits to drop in at the powder coaters tomorrow!

You did well if it only took you a day to dismantle all that...If you need some genuine rear VW rear bush for your rear axle. There is a pair going for £50 in ebay. Think they normally retail at £45 + vat each. Keep us posted on updates.

You did well if it only took you a day to dismantle all that...If you need some genuine rear VW rear bush for your rear axle. There is a pair going for £50 in ebay. Think they normally retail at £45 + vat each. Keep us posted on updates.

Only the rear beam this week, all the other bits came out last weekend! Car's currently sat on four axle stands with the engine on another pair of axle stands and a block of wood!

Thanks for the heads up on the bushes, they're ordered and should be here this week, needing all the front bushes plus various bolts I've had destroy getting them out....one of the rear disk backplates virtually disintegrated as it came off today!

I also had a worrying leak from the steering rack last week which looks expensive, I have a spare hanging up in the garage but not sure how good that one is either....can't be too much to rebuilding one if the seals can be found I'm sure.

will look superb when they come back from the powdercoaters - make sure you post the updated pics ;)

Fitted new wheels which was a right pain to do

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50215[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50216[/ATTACH]

Worth it though

Andy

Changed the gearbox oil today. 2 liter of Castrol smx-s 75W-85 syntethic. Very smooth and nice.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Put on my d90s fitted weitech coilies and dropped it as low as possible :)

IMAG0060

Edited by lion

Fitted OE front & rear struts - couldn't handle the 2" ride height any more! Much smoother ride and don't need to be constantly on the lookout for speed bumps and potholes... Also fitted new alternator as old one was squealing, flushed the coolant and did some work on the throttle, oiling the cable and cleaning up the lever as the spring wasn't closing the microswitch properly. Accelerator still not as smooth as it should be but it's better...

Unfortunately also realised I need a new front engine mount, steering rack and probably PAS pump too :( And I think I'm burning coolant although spark plugs look fine and compression test was good on all cylinders.