Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted new headlight switch, courtesy of 8vMatt. Looks and works great. Fitted new front number plate surround and plate, to match back. Almost finished the rear ashtray to cup holder conversion.

Finished wrapping and tidying up my obd2 loom. Some some re-routing of the wiring down by the battery area etc...

stripped some of the loom tape off exposed looms in the engine bay and replaced it with fresh stuff, looks a little neater now... just need to remove some piping to get to some other areas and redo them... will eventually do all of it when i get the chance

Collected a spare slam panel to start work on.

finished the refurb of the drivers inner door handle.

Made an adapter cable using oem plugs for my unfitted uprated headlight loom so it plugs into the adapter and then straight into the OEM connectors.

bcdd104e-968d-31e1.jpg

bcdd104e-96a5-dec8.jpg

bcdd104e-96af-5488.jpg

Last jobs before MOT, fitted new stainless straps, went on a treat. Just need clean up the mounting point on the left and apply some rust prevention where the under seal wasn't covering up, also filed off some of the lugs in the HT lead guides so they now fit properly and finished tidying / wrapping my obd2 loom install.

Really happy with the straps. The old ones were very badly corroded.

Pete

Very nice tankstraps. Are they for sale generally, or is it somthing you made? Are they the same for the 55 Liter tank?

Cheers,

Redfox.

bcdd104e-b0da-2103.jpg

My mate fabricated them up. The hope is that more can be made up now trial fit was a success.

Took off the driver's side headlight which has a condensation problem, rinsed it out with dish-washer detergent, rinsed, re-rinsed with de-ionised water, dried slowly with a hair-drier, still couldn't get the inside of the lens clean, so popped it off and cleaned it with glass cleaner and did some more drying, sealed the likely entry point - long story involving relayed spots - with silicone gunk and stuck the headlight back on with no more condensation.

And picked up an SWG scuttle panel that Parcelforce left at my neighbour's place. Thought about replacing the siren battery in my aging Clifford alarm, then decided to do it another day instead.

Drove it and grinned like an idiot. More light too without the condensation (relayed with rally bulbs) :thumbleft:

Had all the bodywork issues checked out by a bodyshop to be told it's a lovely car and one that has obviously been cared for (not always true but there has been a bit of effort over the years) :D He even commented on the clean wheel arches when he checked them for signs of damage/rust! I was worried about all the rust at the back but was told that everything can be sorted and that it's in much better nick than the C he painted a few months ago! Time to start saving then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted my front top strut brace.

Bought it from eBay and was told it shouldnt fit a corrado as it came off a MK2 golf.... Had to move the expansion tank slightly and on it went :)

I believe it was SeanL who had it for sale on eBay... good price and very quick delivery... on happy bunny today

That'd be me! Glad you got it and were happy mate! I said it was close to the expansion tank and that was the reason I didn't fit it as I didn't wanna go fannying around with it. I said it MAY fit a mk2 golf, not that it came off one though. :thumbleft:

Cleaned the car inside-out. Polished it twice and then waxed it. 10 minutes later, just after I put it into the farage, the rain was pouring down.

Ah, also put on a new set of BBS hub caps in carbon look.

Looks good Owen! Enjoy the sharper handling.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Today I have been mostly changing a rear abs sensor... bloody 'orrible thing! and tightening handbrake cables, only to find out my handbrake lever is slowly attempting its escape, the bracket has unfortunately cracked so that will need welding up :(

Booked my Punto's MOT! Oh and the corrados! Bets on which car(s) pass please! :-)

Wish me luck!

Shiny Shiny owen 8)

Today, i foolishly whacked a kerb with the rear wheel, i hit it quite hard, but no damage thankfully - mark on the tyre. I was mad with myself :mad: I was actually expecting to see a bent wheel and burst tyre. THANKFULLY, it was my old set of wheels not the new set pheeew.

Fitted, adjusted, and completely in love with my shiney new KW Variant 1 Inox's. Can now go round my local big roundabout as quick in the wet as I could in the dry! :-D

not the best photos, had a spare set of lights given by a m8 in return that i do his others smoked,

so decided to do these all red, might swap them out for mine!, still need to wetsand some dust nibs which arent visible in pic,

tint spray followed by 2k clearcoat,

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

Insured it, quite surprised how reasonable it was....... Only need to tax it now to bring it out of hibernation 8)