Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

I now have an MOT - so later on I will be taxing it and driving it proper at last :D

Took it to Autoglass for them to confirm it needs a new screen :cry:

Covered on insurance but i've heard bad things on here about the glass monkeys - so its on hold till after Run to the Sun.

Put chrome door latches on yesterday!

the drivers side went on done in ten minutes sorted, passenger side took twice as long? then i closed the door and it wouldn't open from the inside or the outside, oh my god i was in a panic, opened a can of beer to think and reboot brain - ahh!!! - central locking doh!

10105168.jpg

Then i popped the bonnet, UTTER FILTH!, so this took another 4 cans of beer :drinking: to complete and a bad back but well worth it, even the missus was impressed until i realised where this compliment was going, yeh i have to clean her engine bay now as well. :|

10105167.jpg

photo probs? click album link below!

Fixed the exhaust today - crack silencer. Now back to the good 'ole lader noise, rather than the farty, dodgy exhaust noise...

polished the doorlock pins and bonnet latch - look nice and blingy now. Just need to do the lock mechs and door hinges now.

fitted full black LEATHER :D :D ,finally got it after three years,and the bonus point is the wife like's it and NEVER questioned the money it cost :? (not like her).

Spent all morning trying to fix a non starting issue.

Had to call the AA out last night as it cut out on me on the way home from work and wouldn't start again. And when AA man did arrive 30 mins later, it started and ran perfectly without him even touching it :roll:

I really must comend the AA actually. He followed me home just in case it cut out again and then went back in the completely opposite direction, even though he'd signed the job off as 'fixed'. top man.

Anyway, so checking everything from wiring faults to Relays and sensors etc, it eventually turned out to be the ECU!

Today I......... (I use the word 'I' loosely ;) )

Replaced the feked water pump and thermostat.

Fixed the handbrake.

Fitted Weitec coilies and lowered the fek out of it!!! :)

All in all a good day for my car :)

Waved goodbye........

nooooooooo .............. what you playing at fella :shock: .. :)

Had to do it.

It was suffering from a case of bodge repair.

It had had a front corner smash at some point and the inner wing had been pushed back resulting in large rust holes at the top of the A pillar, middle of A pillar/ bottom of screen and bottom of A pillar.

Also the strength bar thing along top of wing should have 4 holes in !! The fourth on this had been fillered along with the creases in it, you can see the white circle in the middle where I removed some filler.

The bulkhead had also gone rusty aswell as the chassis.

Other than that it was a nice car..

FINALLY finished installing H+R's, changing to 288s and changing n/s driveshaft and hub.

Only really need to put in new fogs / indicators to get it back on the road. I can't wait to drive her. :)

Just make sure she knows who's boss this time!

How did it drive, or did you not get that far?

Nah, not driven it, forgot to stick on the retainer on the brakes and need to level out the suspension. It's pretty close, just o/s/r needs to go down a couple cm and o/s/f needs to go up a cm or two.

new rubber and rotated the wheels. well the garage did it for me. TAM tyres in dunston gateshead are top blokes :-)

just need to do the pads on teh front now..

i caned the sh1`t outta mine all day long... done abt 230miles all major abuse,,, waiting for something to go bang now :roll:

...drove it.

Quite a rare occurrence these days. It's nice to know that, now I've found the source of the current drain, I can leave the car unused for two weeks and it'll start with no problem.