Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

Hi everyone,

Where's the best place to get the 2 drivers side 2005 Audi TT wiper arms then and the blades? Is it a drivers side and passengers side blade that is needed, or 2 drivers side?

And will that combo fit any Corrado? I've got a 1991 1.8 16v on a H plate.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Search this thread for Pat McCrotch - he works at an Audi Dealers and used to sell the bits for discount...

from memory it's 2 x driver arms, 2 x driver blades, with a bit of shortening of the blade fitted to the passenger's side required for perfect wipe.

...pricey but brilliant.

Search this thread for Pat McCrotch - he works at an Audi Dealers and used to sell the bits for discount...

from memory it's 2 x driver arms, 2 x driver blades, with a bit of shortening of the blade fitted to the passenger's side required for perfect wipe.

...pricey but brilliant.

Dont shorten !

a slight bend in the passenger arm is all you need,

the bushes in my wiper mechanism are a bit worn, meaning the precise relative position of each wiper varies on my car. Because of this i abandoned the bend technique in favour of trimming which is now perfect.. So a bend may be enough if youre lucky, agreed, but not for me :)

I ended up trimming at first which fitted fine and looked brilliant but in heavy rain it clicked against the side of my windscreen, i just gave the wiper a little bend and its fine now.

Has anyone had any joy using Lupo wiper arms?

I've heard that these don't require any tinkering but that they're more of a direct fit?

I've tried retrofit ones before and they're cack on a corrado.

Unless you've still got decent wiper arms they'll only wipe about the 1st inch of each end of the blade

I had the retrofit ones on my corrado, you need to bend the wiper arms only slightly then they work quite well

Can anyone tell me which blades are the best fit if i have the tt wiper arm setup?

I have managed to find 2x mk1 tt aero twin wiper arms only for sub £80 delivered, or around the £110 mark with the tt blades. Couldn't get a response from Pat McCrotch so don't know how much he can supply them for. Will let you know how i get on with them and let you know supplier if they turn out ok.

Could ask about a gb for an even lower price if anyone else is interested? Mind you, i've already bought and paid for mine!

Kunaal

Yeah i fitted the mk1 TT wipers too, infact i had to shorten one of them slightly so it didnt catch in the centre. The garage i go to sells Bosch aero wipers, think they're for a mk4 golf. They fit too. But they arent quite as long as the TT blades so dont get as close to the edge of the screen

Anyone know what the score is with the 928S blades? I gather they give the largest wipe area with no modifications but im a bit simple and need it spelt out rather than:

'I've just fitted a Bosch 928S aerotwin set of blades, they need to fitted driver's on passenger side etc, and they fit thus.......'

Does that mean i need 2x drivers as per the tt blades?

Sorry if im asking a stupid question.

Anyone know what the score is with the 928S blades? I gather they give the largest wipe area with no modifications but im a bit simple and need it spelt out rather than:

'I've just fitted a Bosch 928S aerotwin set of blades, they need to fitted driver's on passenger side etc, and they fit thus.......'

Does that mean i need 2x drivers as per the tt blades?

Sorry if im asking a stupid question.

No it means you buy the 928s' and then put the drivers side wiper blade on passenger side and the passenger on the drivers side simple

OK, from Veedubmachine - £71.26 + £4.45 delivery for 2x driver side MK1 TT wiper arms. They sell them with modified TT blades for £107.51 + delivery but i wanted to experiment with different blades which i get for free at the old mans garage. :D

They also sell the lupo gti arms and blades for £93.40 + delivery. I'm sure if you ring they'd also sell the arms seperately.

They are genuine arms too. Not sure how they can sell them for that price but they do!

Hope this helps out someone else for the next few wet months!

I believe they do, they're about £30.19 + delivery. Which if you add to the wiper arms separately come to £101.45. Less than the £107.51 quoted for buying together. Go figure?

My bad, its £30.19 + vat, which when added to the £71.26 inc vat still comes to less than the quoted £107.51 + vat??

Best to give 'em a call for an up to date price. Also, i'm unsure of what brand the blades are, but at that price i'd imagine bosch.

Figured out where the extra cost goes...... the plastic bolt caps. doh!Guess i can just use my old ones.

after reading this i've just bought the tt setup from veedubmachine. over the phone and very helpful. time to see how they work in the wet

Mine arrived yesterday, 2x genuine TT wiper arms - part no: 8N2 955 408D

So can't see how there would be any problems. But i guess it's all in the blades.

If you've got a Halfords trade card and a local TPS then you can get them for a shade over £90...

I went to TPS and used my Club GTi discount, which got me the TT arms for roughly £75, then at Halfords my trade card got the Bosch 928S set down from £27.99 to £15.50. Bosch wipers are the item with the largest mark-up on cost vs. retail for Halfords, so your trade card always yields good results :)

my wipers are now fantastic after they eventually got posted! has anyone else found that there is a fair bit of play in either the linkage or the wiper motor which has become more obvious by the grippier wiper blades? is there a cure for this other than whole new parts?