mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

I miss that sound, but not the ugly tailpipe and your needing to give him a clean :lol:

Sorry Bill :oops:

But if it helps he's getting some more love and attention today, and I'll make sure he gets a wash/polish over the weekend

Ugly tailpipe??! That was one of the main appeals of the techtonics. Gone is the pretentious, big boy knobber shiney pipe, and replaced by a discreet pea shooter that makes the car look like it's a 1.6. Perfect for Stealth.

I had the same system on my VRT and I'm sure people behind me couldn't quite see the correlation between the acceleration and exhaust size :lol:

That's what makes me laugh about modern cars having two R32 style exhaust pipes. A lot of them are just diesels or 2.0 blando boxes. What's the point? Style over substance.

It's the exhaust I'm thinking of for when I get my standard system replaced. I had a milltek on my last car and liked it. Much prefer the idea of this though

Indeed. The one thing the video doesn't convey (due to the road/wind noise) is the fact that cruising on the motorway is OEM quiet with this... I'll have to do another from inside!

So I finally managed to get some tyres on the CH's and get them fitted to the car, apologies for the crap phone pics but I'll get some better ones when I get a chance

IMG_16571.jpg

But there are a couple of issues.

1) The steering feels heavier than with the Rota's on

2) They rub on the fronts so the suspension either needs to come up or made stiffer

3) But the main issue is clearance on the brakes is really really tight so I think I'll need to go up to 330mm setup which requires new carriers/bells/rotors... which are not cheap!

d42ecd0a-0b4f-4b32-b738-24de65ceb233.jpg

Plus, now they're fitted I'm not entirely sure I don't prefer the Rota's...... so they may be coming straight off again :(

Best wheel you can get for the C ;) Looks superb. Which tyres did you go for in the end?

Nick

I wouldn't be bother about clearance at all. As long your wheel are not touching caliper you will be fine. Wheels looks great.

Not a big fan really, not worth the hassle and extra money. I still think speedlines are fine, about the only thing i've never changed on mine. Cheaper tyres too!

Think they look awesome, Mic! CH's are one of my favourite aftermarket alloys for the Corrado, no doubt about it :)

Not a big fan really, not worth the hassle and extra money. I still think speedlines are fine, about the only thing i've never changed on mine. Cheaper tyres too!

Doubt his brakes would fit under speedlines!

Doubt his brakes would fit under speedlines!

Not a chance! :lol:

Cheers for the feedback, I'm definitely warming to them. Think it's just such a change from the dark wheels that I'm just a bit unsure.

I'm with Jim on that one - if i could afford them i'd love a set of CHs one day.

Break clearance is fine Mic and unless you've lowered it a bit, I don't understand why the fronts are rubbing :scratch:

Twin! Obviously you have better brakes, suspension and exhaust and paint!

Men of unequivocal taste clearly! :lol:

There's about 1mm of clearance with the brakes which is a little close but they don't seem to catch... Just close.

Bill, looks like they might just be rubbing slightly on lock as the tyres are a slightly different 215/40 rather than the 205/40 which were too stretched for me. These a&e just right. I'll put a pic up later.

Wow, there seems to be a fair bit of a stretch on those for being 215's, the 205's I had on the fronts of the last set were not as bad as those and there was no rubbing what so ever

They are pretty stretched but they're definitely 215/40s so it must be the construction of those particular tyres. I'm ok with them, ideally I'd like a little less but 225's we're going to catch on the front.

The discs are 304mm, and I could change them to 330's just with different carriers and rotors but I'm not sure ap sell the carriers separately. Might send them a mail. In comparison the Rotas had acres of clearance.

I really like. the CH's too, they just suit the corrado so well. Like Matt says, keep em.