robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

Thank you for all the comments , much appreciated . I forgot to mention a friend took me up in his scooby , Christ them things are quick ! I've never been in one before .

Sure is James . It will need to go back to the paint shop soon ! , I have some bubbling on the boot lid , where the window seal is . Bummer ! .

I need to have a look at this again soon bud, looks great!

I think you have a 'new paint' fetish! How many times have you had it in for paint?

Three times now Matt! . The second time was when i had the rear put back to standard , the 3rd time was when the bonnet had a few stone chips on the lip and it started to bubble . I cant just ignore it ,ive put so much time , money and effort into it. Its just one of those things i think .

IMG_0684.jpg

Only a small update , i keep saying that !. Got the rear beam back this afternoon , well happy with it . Im nearly there now , with the underside parts . Just a few more and i will be ready to swop all the parts over .

Thanks mate . In total it cost me £60.00 . I don't think that's a bad price considering the state of it before it went in .

Small update as usual . Ive got the last of my underside parts on order now . So im waiting for the wheel bearings , the hubs for the front wheels and the rear disc covers . I picked up some more parts off off a mate who is breaking a VR. I already have the powder coated arm for the wipers , but i got the motor off of the other VR as it was in better nick than mine , gave it a good clean and its come up well .I grabbed the the radiator support frame from him too as mine is in a shocking state . I also fitted a different sunroof motor and it now slides back and fourth , so im happy with that . I purchased a steering wheel leather refurb kit online a couple of days ago , so i now have a nice new looking wheel .

A couple of pics of the wheel , i thought it came up great .

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

Im looking forward to fitting the new parts in a few months or so . While its on the ramp i can do the fuel tank straps , clean the fuel and brake lines ect .

Thanks mate , I really need to get more on top of using a Mac . I'm not sure how to do a link . If you type in leather steering wheel kit on Amazon , it will come up , it's the only full kit that's on there .

Edit , it's the £14.95 kit , I've just looked and it says , that I purchased this product .

Edited by robrado974

Your Corrado will certainly appreciate the underside refresh. Money well spent in my opinion.

Just caught up on your updates since I've been gone Rob. Unfortunately I can't see the pics though, but good progress all the same. I need to do my steering wheel too. Its the only part of the interior now letting the side down!

Look forward to seeing it when I'm back mate, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments chaps . The underside is taking longer than I thought . Hopefully I've got everything now . Hope work is going well Sean , we will have to catch up sometime .

Bummer ! . I've been using the car after work recently as the good weather is here ( well sometimes ) and it's nice to get out and drive it . I turned the car over tonight and my starting problem has returned . I fitted a second hand pump a while back as the old one was whining .I also had the fuel pressure checked , which was fine . The temp sender that supplies the ECU with info has been changed as well . My Mac is in for repair at the moment , so I can't put the vid up , that's on my phone , of the starting problem . A description would be a spluttery start , which sometimes fails to keep the revs up and dies , or it will splutter and a few seconds later idle at the correct cold speed . If you turn off the ignition and crank the car again , it starts as it should . Surely this has to be a fuel pressure fault ? It seems like the return valve is not holding the fuel .

Bad times. Thought this was sorted....

Is the pump priming on ignition?