Sign in to follow this  
Alex_G60_Fanatic

FORZA 3: Week night Marathon (FIRST POST UPDATED)

i think it's time to call in sir sub!

I'll sound the horn!

toodoodooo!!![/quote:38o5iuwc]

:lol:

Forgot about this, must remember to build my car and put a few practice laps in before we start tonights practice (practicing for a practice? :cuckoo: )

We still limiting the cars to a PI of 500?

and like magic he appears to save the fair maiden... riding on horseback from the burning castle.

roughly translated: hopefully should be on

i think it's time to call in sir sub!

I'll sound the horn!

toodoodooo!!![/quote:26h4hu72]

:lol:

Forgot about this, must remember to build my car and put a few practice laps in before we start tonights practice (practicing for a practice? :cuckoo: )

We still limiting the cars to a PI of 500?[/quote:26h4hu72]

yep :grin:

and like magic he appears to save the fair maiden... riding on horseback from the burning castle.

roughly translated: hopefully should be on

We'll keep the draw-bridge down for you and ill put a glass of hot mead on for your return :wink:

Disaster! Got home, turned on xbox, built a corrado up to 500pi's and now been kicked off by the wife! Arrgh! Hoping to be back online for 8.25.

Brilliant night :) Looks like my attempts to sort out the handling on my Corrado have paid off but at the expense of speed. Some of you were blasting past me! Obviously need more tweaking there.

Best race IMHO was the Group F Datsuns which litterally had me curling on the floor with laughter! :lol: There was 3 of us fighting for the 1st place on the last lap then just as we were coming up to the finish line somebody came up the track the wrong way and smashed into us! :grin: Hopefully someone saved the replay of that one.

Sadly, my headset stopped working about 10 seconds into the first race and I never could get it working again. I've had 3 xboxes now and they've all intermitanly stopped working. Hopefully I'll be working next time :salute:

Was definitely an eye opener. Unfortunately didn't get to see much of the races as I was battered from behind :camp: on the 1st race & struggled getting to grips with the Microsoft steering wheel I was using for the rest of them. Hopefully should be sorted & up to speed next week. I'll have a mic sorted for then also. Could hear some of what was being said but missed quite a bit. Thanks again guys.

was a fantasic bunch of races, sorry i went, my internet went down then it was taking too long to sort itself out so i went to the pub lol

first race was hilarious, i was leading by a good lead then rolled it and couldn't get up a hill to the pit lane... alex to the rescue... and then everybody else decided to park themselves in the rear :lol:

was a fantasic bunch of races, sorry i went, my internet went down then it was taking too long to sort itself out so i went to the pub lol

first race was hilarious, i was leading by a good lead then rolled it and couldn't get up a hill to the pit lane... alex to the rescue... and then everybody else decided to park themselves in the rear :lol:

Was tremendous racing, not had so much fun in ages!

And Sir Swift, you can always rely on a helping nudge from yours truely ;)

Sounds like you all had great fun, in the meantime i was searching the xbox forums on how to fix a "NAT Config" error. Eventually switched my router off and on and seams to be going again so makes a change to own something that is more unreliable than my car :lol:

yeah i would have stopped to help but i was too busy retaking my lead... :tongue:

the datson race was a giggle!

i'm sorry alex... you just happened to be in my way when i was driving the wrong way... i got nothin but love tho, brother!

Was a quality night of racing, thanks to the lads for waiting a few extra minutes for me to get myself online in time to race.

Being the first time I've actually used the xbox live to play against people online and it was so good, can't believe I left it so long after getting my xbox to actually get on and race!

Race of the night had to be the Datsuns, quality work from Mr Monkey there and I stole victory from the claws of third after Kris' wrong way tactics took out Mssrs Monkey and McCrotch :lol:

Can't wait for next weeks now. For those who want to watch the reply of the Datsuns it should now be saved in my storefront, if not I'll sort it out this evening.

I will save my comments for this evening...I've seen the replay from start to finish, I was taken out twice! How the hell I managed to hold onto 3rd and then grab 2nd I'll never know?!

As for the Datson race, what a classic. I got taken out ghetto-style by vKRISv. I do think this race needs to be repeated, but that we should upgrade our cars to maybe 350PI, C Class?

i was beating you!..... till i got pit manuvered... :( then i went into the back of what i believe was your lag... iether that or you knew i was right behind you and slammed on the anchors... :lol:

was just a bit of fun...

Yea same with me monkey, i went down the inside and saw your front end alongside and the next thing i know we have hit and spinning off. was crazy following you, wish i had saved my replay... saw you driving along then all of a sudden you did a bunny hop about 20ft in the air, very funny!

Sorry about the lag chaps, it was by no means intentional. I didn't notice much lag myself, only on the replay do I see 1 or 2 cars move upwards and downwards by about 2ft into the tarmac and that was only on about 2 occasions in a 30 lap race. I didn't notice any 'twitching' from side to side.

The coming together with swiftkid; we both take the racing line, have contact with the side of our cars together (no particular car in front of the other), then it appears that swiftkids car gets ahead of me and then steers into my front wing. Its only a game and it was a lot of fun, so I don't care. I'm having trouble uploading either of the replay videos I saved onto forzamotorsport.net and then onto youtube.com.

I'm really sorry if my lag affects the way others play, I hope I can still participate in the league. I normally drive on 'bumper cam', as if I drive in 'far chase' I tend to over correct my steering all the time...however, if I need to swap to 'far chase' in order to become more aware of my surroundings whilst racing online then so be it.

nah its fine mate, like you say it was a bit of fun! and it really was, can't believe i got stuck at the bottom of the hill though!!!

i liked alex's daring erm... take manoeveur on me, in the form of i saw a car flash past my rear end into the gravel lol

As others have said, it's all good fun and just a game. After I left the racing last night I did have a quick look at the replays and I'm guilty of a few late braking mishaps myself during the races, especially managing to punt Monky off in the Datsuns! :lol:

With the lag issues, it all looked fine from my point of view but I'm paranoid about my own connection to the xbox live system as I'm not sure I've set it up correctly. Even last night I couldn't seem talk over the headsets although I could hear you all? Very strange.

If someone wants to PM me a brief overview of how to check my setup/router settings that would be much appreciated. :notworthy:

Sorry chaps, I've tried uploading the two 'movies' (slow motion replays of the two collisions I was involved in) and its crapped out on me AGAIN. Just says that video was NOT uploaded to Forzamotorsport.net after a long, long pause.

The Datsuns were so much fun. It's a shame we can't all go standard Corrado as I found it much more fun racing with exactly the same cars :) Then it's purely down to Driver Skill

Some replays would be fantastic! Especially of the last corner of the Datsun race and when we all lagged and crashed in the first race :lol:

The Datsuns were so much fun. It's a shame we can't all go standard Corrado as I found it much more fun racing with exactly the same cars :) Then it's purely down to Driver Skill

Some replays would be fantastic! Especially of the last corner of the Datsun race and when we all lagged and crashed in the first race :lol:

About the datsun race, stay tuned... :grin: