Chuggs1

Wheeler Dealers

Great to see the programme and thanks for the Youtube links. Programs like this are great for raising the Corrado's profile. Hopefully, this result in prices firming further and greater availability of spare parts.

It must be difficult for the producers to pitch the programme at the right level to satisfy the general viewer and keep us enthusiasts happy. As an one of the latter, I found it a little disappointing that they felt it necessary to depress the price of the spare parts. £400 for a leather interior seems very good value especially as there was no mention of further repairs to the drivers seat. Also, I think they claimed that they paid £50 for an alloy wheel refurbishment, again very good value for a decent job. Generally given the lack of maintenance of the car over the past few years I was surprised that some cosmetic work to the body work was not required. Also, there was no mention of any work to the suspension.

Did you not notice the stone chips on the front disappear and the dent on the drivers side rear quarter?

They have to make the program for the non corrado audience too, abs and sunroof feature could apply to any car, if they replaced the suspension on camera every week how boring would it get?

There's lots more done to the cars off camera unseen and not accounted for in the pricing at the end.

Good review from someone who has both and should know

ha ha actually we have THREE!!!!!! the valver, the vr6 and my storm, they all give you a completely different driving experience, and talk to you in different ways, you really do have to tune in to these beauties as they will respond to this, IMHO tho out the 2 (the valver and the vr6) i would choose to floor the vr6 around a track over the valver any day, but then id choose my bf's vr6 over mine for cornering as his handles better due to the suspension, ha ha ha its ace having a choice of three to drive :thumbleft::smug:

EDIT*2 - that carfolio site makes some good reading. I didn't know the difference in book speed between VR & G60 for 0-60mph was 1.4 seconds! (6.4s for the VR compared to 8s for the G60)

Also a 1.7 second difference in their 1/4 mile book times

I don't know many newer car specs but I believe you have to spend a fair whack of £'s on a new car to get a mid 6 second 0-60 time without any upgrades

would those differences in time be due to how they get their power to the tarmac, as there is only a 32bhp difference between G60 & VR, or due those extra few horses I wonder

One of the contributing factors to that difference are the gear box ratios. In the VR you can hit 60 in 2nd, in a standard G60 box you need to change to 3rd. That's one of the reasons those of use with modifided G60s have tweaked our gearboxes too :)

Nice to see the Wheeler Dealer programme - very interesting, and I'm glad I went down the route of just removing the sunroof (and metal roof) now - fixing it looks like a right nightmare :lol:

ABS is just a pita - mine has a temp related fault and a couple of errors on the pump valves. Could be the wiring, pump itself, or the PCB heating up due to a cracked case (that's my idea now after seeing the program), so will be on the look out for a pump that I can get reconditioned if anyone has one.

I fixed a couple of mk3 ABS units a while ago by removing the case and re-soldering the joints, I found alot of the joints for the main connector had cracked due to the wiring moving alot under vibration and stressing the connctor.

If you can, its always worth a look before scrapping the unit :)

Did you not notice the stone chips on the front disappear and the dent on the drivers side rear quarter?

They have to make the program for the non corrado audience too, abs and sunroof feature could apply to any car, if they replaced the suspension on camera every week how boring would it get?

There's lots more done to the cars off camera unseen and not accounted for in the pricing at the end.

yes Dox, the gf & I both noticed that some cosmetic work had been done but nothing mentioned in the program. I guess as you say they cant show the same jobs each week. plus I guess as they only have a limited amount of time per program they cant include every job they do

One of the contributing factors to that difference are the gear box ratios. In the VR you can hit 60 in 2nd, in a standard G60 box you need to change to 3rd. That's one of the reasons those of use with modifided G60s have tweaked our gearboxes too :)

cool thanks for explaining that JMC

@rado20vt - good tip there and I reckon that's exactly what is wrong with mine after seeing the state of the PCB on the show. My only problem is its a daily driver, so will probably go down the route of getting a spare unit to refurb.

Watched and enjoyed with interest........ mainly because the two main jobs Edd did are same issues with my C... i.e. the sunroof and the ABS. Now i know exactly what is involved,

I'm just wondering if Edd does private work?? LOLZ!

I'm just wondering if Edd does private work?? LOLZ!

LOL I had a similar wonder but only if Ed would lend me his Wurth Plastic repair kit

Twenty versions on YouTube most of them don't work.. But found one that does and really enjoyed it. Damn, Brewer loved that car.. :)

Car looked brilliant and sounded awesome too. Nutcases decided to drive it round the go-kart circuit, lots of inside rear wheel in the air type action.. Mine gets driven like that every day...

So, I assume that Dave the buyer joined the forum?