Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Had the windscreen replaced today as it got belted with a stone whilst following a truck. Also fitted my door pin surrounds and new door pins 😄

Had the windscreen replaced today as it got belted with a stone whilst following a truck. Also fitted my door pin surrounds and new door pins 😄

Who replaced it?

Washed the crud off her from Sunday in a bid to get some decent photos for an agreed value on the insurance. Just got her done and it peed down. Spent as much time drying her off! Got the photos and now sent to insurer. Fingers crossed.

Fitted a new battery and it started 1st time. It's not been moved in months. So one of the few days she makes me happy. ff1fe465f7f62b9a09b68dd6a75f1c65.jpg

Had a busy few days with the Corrado, I've had to move it from the garage it was stored in for the winter, due to flooding. We've had biblical amounts of rain up here recently! But this has pushed me into getting some jobs done!

Front pads and discs and brake fluid flush, front wishbones, balljoints, track rod ends, suspension struts and top mounts. And as part of that had to take the sump off to get at the wishbone bolt so renewed that leaky sump gasket. No more oil leaks and now pretty much the whole front suspension is new, and it feels sooooooo much better. The shockers were in a disgraceful state, no resistance at all.

Its going into the garage today for full exhaust system, including cat which is blowing, the rest of the exhaust was bought from stuart taylor (good buyer and seller!) a couple of years ago, finally getting round to putting it on.

Slowly getting there, happy with all the mechanicals now, and it runs like new at the moment (never know what is round the corner!). One or two bits of cosmetic work to do, hopefully all done in time for the National Day at Harewood House in August.

Fitted the parcel shelf supports with pioneer speakers enclosed so I now have sound in the back! The original ones I had didn't have any speakers in them. It's made such a difference!

Carried on with the polishing. Very addictive it is too. Polished the MAF and the elbow too. This though, is going to take a few days.d2751dcd06612003d803d0e810adf956.jpg

Still polishing but need some advice. I've been using a cotton wheel and blue compound and it's coming up a treat. However, I get one bit shiny to find that the imperfections in the metal show and need polishing out - again. This could go on until I'm through the metal. Any advice welcome as it's very nearly where it should be, but it's still not good enough!

Edited by JEZR

Took the wishbones off last weekend, got new R32/TT rear bushes pressed in at work this week, then putting them back on the car this afternoon, and swapping the wing that gives Rusty it's name for one i've rattle-canned!

Might try to swap out the thermostat while it's up on axlestands too.

Fitted the third new battery in my ownership of the car today. The old one reached the point where it wouldn't start the car EVEN though it had been on charge for 12 hours and read as "full" ...

With the new one on the other hand.. well it's like the car is keen to see me! Press the button on the key fob and it whirrs the locking electrics and flashes the lights like an excited puppy! It was decidedly pathetic about it before .. :)

One point to note - every single battery I've bought for this car has not clamped securely. I've had to wedge something under the battery clamp to make it solid. Presumably every battery manufacturer changed the size of the base clamp lip spontaneously around 10 years ago..

Hi all

I've been a browser of this forum for a while but not posted anything of significance until now, today (actually last week) i placed my G60 on a turnover rig ready for some restoration work :bounce2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83086[/ATTACH]

Hi all

I've been a browser of this forum for a while but not posted anything of significance until now, today (actually last week) i placed my G60 on a turnover rig ready for some restoration work :bounce2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83086[/ATTACH]

What are your plans with it?

Hi MDMTechnik

Do you know Dejan from Portabella Performance? If so he may have mentioned contacting you regards paint advice :)

My plan is

phase 1: a nut and bolt rebuild of all mechanical parts, either new parts which I've been collecting or refurbing the old parts.

Engine is stripped down to the pistons at moment, i just need to pay Dejan a visit and see what he can do for me regards cleaning and refurb work.

phase 2: The body work will get a full respray in the original colour which i believe to be LY3D (Flash red) , still unsure whether to go back to bare metal any advice much appreciated?

phase 3: The interior will get a full refurb preferably a leather retrim in beige/cream similar to something I've seen on MJ Interiors website.

obviously I know this is not going to be simple, i seem to go out and spend 4-5 hours on her and at the end of it i don't seem to have got any further forward :)

cheers

Gary

Got a replacement single rear damper unit for the H&R monotube coilover kit from H&R via Eurocarparts who are the UK importer for the brand - they won't sell direct from Germany. Took endless googling and a few phone calls to find out that the parts are all available individually. Once I'd sorted the part number and managed to persuaded Eurocarparts to order the thing, it only took around a week to rock up. Result - new damper to replace the blown and leaking one, no need for a rebuild, cost £140 which is a sight cheaper than buying new suspension all round. Next: MoT...

fitted new oil pressure sensors as they were leaking pretty badly, replaced the rocker cover seal which was a bigger job than I thought. I gave the inlet manifold a buff up while it was off. just ordered a new plastic radiator elbow as mine is cracking (got one for £8 new which I was happy about), so that will be next with a full coolant refresh at the same time.

Just a wheel bearing...

Only joking. Full restoration. Exhaust and suspension is going in the bin along with tyres. Full strip down, powder coated, new bushes, bearings, joints etc etc, Milltek exhaust and either KW or Bilstein suspension.

Drove it a bit, and swapped out the ISV for a good one. So much nicer to drive without the random flat spots at low revs and high idle!