KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

The bracket that supports the 2 straps is brand new and the bolts are replated in the same finish as they were when new i.e. the same finish.

Sorry to hear of your brake problems. Hope they get sorted soon.

Kip got 1st Superclass water cooled 8)

over 90% of the bolts ive took the g60 were zinc coated and good quality but all new ones from the dealers are cheap and any colour, and look rubbish.

i should be going to all types and bristiol volks fest and ill book for BVF. Good to hear about the win in the super class.

Huge congratulations on winning the Superclass, Paul :clap: The VR was immaculate as ever 8)

Cheers guys although i have to say i was pretty shocked myself at the result especially pipping the awsome Mk1 GTI next to me but i aint complaining :lol:

Good news today as the 8v passed without issues today :clap: The tester did say theres a small amount of play in the rear bearings but nothing major!

Was thinking about doing a brake overhaull anyway soon with new discs and pads all round and some new rear bearings and splash guards to tidy it up a bit :wink:

Also bought some new dampers for the VR today :clap:

Was expecting a catastrophe too so iguess fearing the worst has helped :lol:

Well just want to add that the 8v performed superbly on the Scotish road trip without a single problem other than one of the rear splash guards rattling loose due to rust :lol: rattled around a bit on bumpy roads. will treat it to a pair of new ones for being good soon :grin:

Economy was a strong point regularly returning 40 plus to the gallon whilst we were giving it some beans keeping up with the other nutters Lol!

all in we will do 1250 miles when the tank is empty again for £190 so not bad at all.

Also i'll be off to view a nugget 16v on wednesday so am racking my brains at the moment as to how i'll manage a purchase if i like it :brickwall:

So the 8v MAY be for sale soon. I'd seriously miss it though i can tell you its a bloody fantastic little car. :notworthy:

We'll see.

So the 8v MAY be for sale soon. I'd seriously miss it though i can tell you its a bloody fantastic little car. :notworthy:

not sure i'm so interested now Kip, all these extra miles you've been putting on it, and driving around with nutters :shock: ;)

Well Destiny is a funny old thing, tried so hard to find a Nugget Yellow 16V a couple of years back and didn't see one worth purchasing so bought this silver 8v which is damn fine but still always lusted after one the Rob(Carpy) puts his up for sale when i was out of work and it was the best i saw but just couldn't justify it at the time.

Anyways been to view one today and it was the best ive seen but then it wasn't cheap! pick it up next week hopefully! just hope its all ok but certainly felt good to drive and was as tight as a mouses ear ole :lol:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1800389.htm

Oh and no i didn't pay that :pale: :lol:

I suspected you might well have a look at that one.

It does seem to be in superb conditions and comes with all the choice extras, would love to get hold of some black leather for mine.

I thought it was that one, pistonheads has the most corrados for sale than anywhere else I'd imagine. Looks mint, what you gonna do with that?

Very nice, there can't be many like this left surely. It really is too nice to use as a daily as i'm sure you know

I suspected you might well have a look at that one.

It does seem to be in superb conditions and comes with all the choice extras, would love to get hold of some black leather for mine.

Cheers Yan, i was pretty gutted when it was first advertised and sold within a few hours but then it was re-advertised for more money Doh! the guy said another car came up but i thought maybe he's a trader but i really dont care as it gave me another opportunity.

Just hope i dont find anything nasty, a few bits to sort out but its over 20 years old so cant grumble.

First refusal on the leather then Sir should i decide to sell it.

I thought it was that one, pistonheads has the most corrados for sale than anywhere else I'd imagine. Looks mint, what you gonna do with that?

Mostly buff it lots :lol: maybe Sebrings too! not sure bout the BBS, I love em but not practical really. what are they worth anyway? i know they are pretty rare and caps are expensive.

Very nice, there can't be many like this left surely. It really is too nice to use as a daily as i'm sure you know

It has crossed my mind a few times Gareth :brickwall:

looks great Paul worth the wait by the look of it , just keep it out of the sun :D

are we going to see it at BVF ?

Rob

looks great Paul worth the wait by the look of it , just keep it out of the sun :D

are we going to see it at BVF ?

Rob

Hi Rob,

nice to hear from you,will be in the VR i'm afraid but i'm sure yuo'll see it at some point :wave:

Nice one Paul. Looks a beaut :) You and Judith could always employ drivers and take all your cars to shows :wink:

Nice one Paul. Looks a beaut :) You and Judith could always employ drivers and take all your cars to shows :wink:

It has crossed my mind mate :lol:

Wow, that's lovely! 8) Wow, you've got...1, 2, er... 3, hmmm, 4... (needs more fingers) 5 Corrados! :shock: Nutters! :lol:

Any engine bay shots? What's that on the left of the centre dash?

Wow, that's lovely! 8) Wow, you've got...1, 2, er... 3, hmmm, 4... (needs more fingers) 5 Corrados! :shock: Nutters! :lol:

Any engine bay shots? What's that on the left of the centre dash?

Tell me bout it Andy, Its like some venting cut into the dash, bit of a bummer but it can be replaced i guess :ignore:

OMG. He's done it again. I leave him alone while I'm working in Bristol and see what he does!!!

I think I should never leave him alone ever again.

:luvlove: