24V Renshaw

PROJECT ROXSTER....PORSCHE DASH IN

Well it had to happen eventually! After 4 years out of Corrado ownership today I bought my new project/daily.

For those that don't know me this was my previous Corrado.

file.jpg

This is the new project. 1995 VR with an interesting spec. Factory fit Cream Leather Electric Heated Recaros etc.. all soon to be removed and sold....Factory Fit Aircon which will be adapted to work with Climate control in some way ;)

I have plans, but will just update this thread as I go along. Will be nothing like the level of the previous Rado as I am doing this on a very strict budget, but hopefully some of the ideas will be new and interesting to read. Car drives OK, needs a bit of TLC and my first task will be stripping it down to start on the interior :)

Felt incredibly at home back in a Rado, there is something about the driving position that is just bang on. Loved the sound of the VR too :)

Its good to be back!

Jay

Rado.jpg

Radointerior.jpg

Superb to hear you're back in a Corrado again Jay and look forward to seeing what happens to this car :) Sounds like a great base for a project!

Felt incredibly at home back in a Rado, there is something about the driving position that is just bang on. Loved the sound of the VR too :)

Very well put......oh and welcome back :wave: :D ......

Welcome back Jay :clap:

Edit, you probably don't remember me, you popped round my house (parents) with Asim once, bought my old G60 motor for his Mk1, never found out what happened with it though...

Good to see you back. You're old C is still one of my all time favourites, looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Very nice... u still got the Mk4 then? If not i sure do hope you took those recaro's out lol.

MK4 is sold, but not yet collected. The Recaros are staying the MK4 unfortunately :(

The reason for moving back to a Corrado as a daily is that my wife is 20 weeks pregnant and we need to get a nice big sensible family car for her to use and for all our long journeys etc... so it was a good excuse for me to get a "cheap" daily Rado VR ;)

Jay

MK4 is sold, but not yet collected. The Recaros are staying the MK4 unfortunately :(

The reason for moving back to a Corrado as a daily is that my wife is 20 weeks pregnant and we need to get a nice big sensible family car for her to use and for all our long journeys etc... so it was a good excuse for me to get a "cheap" daily Rado VR ;)

Jay

Congrats on the missus being pregnant mate. It is indeed a very good excuse to buy a "cheap" daily VR6 lol. I cant believe the Recaro's are going, they're fookin stunning man.

Oh and like i said on Ed38... R36 maybe once you've decided the rado is no longer a "cheap" daily? :lol:

cant believe you're selling the trim, i hope something goods going in its place.. looks like a tidy car, and good money too.

look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Jay

Welcome back Jay, and conrats on the baba! I'm in same position, but her indoors has told me that I'd be hell to live with if I sold the Rado! So it stays, and we're looking for a Piss-Rat or similar for her!

I was looking at this one... seems like a really good base... want the interior though! ;) What's the plans for replacing it?

It happens to us all Jay! Glad to see you rocking a Corrado again, can only imagine where this is going, not many would ship out Recaro leather as a first move LOL

Welcome back. I got rid of my leather Recaro's as well and TBH the standard seats are just as good if not more comfortable plus it means you can spend the money on the more important go faster handle better bits.

S3 wheels look at home.

Congrats on the purchase, it wll be interesing what you do to this. ps i want the interior :luvlove:

Cheers everyone.

The interior just doesn't "do it" for me, it very comfy and certainly brightens the interior, but I am going all modern again inside, so the lot is coming out, dash and all.

What sort of money am I looking at for the whole cream interior? Seats/Carpets/Doorcards/Trims/centre console etc..etc..? It in alright condition and just needs a good clean/feed all the bolsters are solid and the electrics/heaters all work.

Jay

Cream recaro's are pretty high up on the desirability list.. I'd expect, including all the other interior bits you should be looking at around £800-£1000 depending on how flush the buyer is feeling :)

looks a great one to start with, very nice.

looking forward to seeing the progress, missed it all the last time round

Jay if you read this before ripping out the seatwiring... can you have a look where it's supposed to go and some pics please? Head scratching on mine...