swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

This is the point when the rebuild really starts to gather momentum! As soon as I had my downpipe fitted, I was back on the road within weeks! Looking good and I'm only very slightly jealous of your 3.2 lump, it looks so much neater than the poverty spec aue lump!

I enjoy got 288s on at the moment and they are good but not amazing, looking for some 4 pots really but wanting to keep 16s.

Hopefully things will start to happen quickly, trial fitted the exhaust and it's tight but fits! Will do until I can get a proper one made up

Mate try the 312s with good pads i run ferrodo ds2500 pads and they make my eye balls go funny when there warm and i stamp on them

Well just had a message off the guy doing my ECU and apparently its now as much use as a fine cutlery set whilst free-falling from a plane, to say I'm p***ed off is an understatement. I'll be calling Vince at stealth tomorrow in the hope he can fix whatever has been done. I had hoped to drive this to GTI inters, looks like I've just had the nail in the coffin though.

Ah crap. Gutted mate, hope you get it sorted. What was the issue with it?

Gutted for you mate , what is the problem with people taking on work with ecu's and messi g people about and breaking there **** , is he gonna pay for the damaged he has caused then ? Id hope so !!

Its not the prettiest thing in the world but it will do for now! Just need the lambda bosses welded in, hopefully tomorrow then get it fitted.

Well as for ECU, i'm getting it sent to vince hopefully tomorrow then see where that leads us. Guy hasn't offered anything for the ECU, just told me its knackered and he will send it back with a refund. Doesn't really help the fact I am now left with a possibly knackered ECU.

[ATTACH]79011[/ATTACH]

Edited by swiftkid

With my luck nothing is simple! But at least one major headache is nearly done, exhaust was my biggest worry! If anyone is interested, I've used original A3 manifold (same as mk5), cut the flanges off the standard VR6 manifold, left part welded straight on, right half needed altering as shown but luckily had an exhaust lying around from my old suzuki swift that was exhaustly the same bore!

Its not the prettiest thing in the world but it will do for now! Just need the lambda bosses welded in, hopefully tomorrow then get it fitted.

Well as for ECU, i'm getting it sent to vince hopefully tomorrow then see where that leads us. Guy hasn't offered anything for the ECU, just told me its knackered and he will send it back with a refund. Doesn't really help the fact I am now left with a possibly knackered ECU.

[ATTACH]79011[/ATTACH]

Hope you get it sorted easily and quickly please don't take this the wrong way but I would have sent it to Vince in the first place he seem's too be "the man who can" I wish I lived closer to stealth

Well ECU is knackered so on the lookout for a replacement, bit gutted but thats just how it goes. Decision time as to whether I buy a mk4 R32 ecu and change the fuel rail or don't complicate things and try find another A3 ECU that are more expensive...

I'm sure Kev will tell you how much fun it is to get a mix and match mk4/5 setup working correctly. Send him a pm and ask his advice. He is after all a bit of a tech guru on here!

I'm sure Kev will tell you how much fun it is to get a mix and match mk4/5 setup working correctly. Send him a pm and ask his advice. He is after all a bit of a tech guru on here!

Totally kev does know his stuff. I can tell you an R32 running aftermarket (DTA) is awesome

Yea spoke to him, thought I'd get the thing working first! Bought a new ecu so that should arrive Monday and it will go straight off to vince. Manifold is done so should get fitted and everything else finished up tomorrow ready for ecu to return. Can't wait now!

Well judging by other people's figures should be something between 260-280bhp, should be fun!

Can I take you up on the offer of trying the fan brackets please, that way I can check this beastie out! Definitely have to take me for a drive in this.

Not sure, I'm away from work till Thursday so hoping they will be waiting for me on my return!

Well pretty bad news from yesterday, as some of you know I had it fired up but was making a rather nasty noise, well had it apart and the bottom end is completely destroyed, oil pump has seized and looks like it's been driven 30 miles dry. I'm absolutely devastated but on the lookout for a new engine now

Bummer mate :( don't give up nothing sound's better than an R32 and when it's in a well sorted Corrado it's a joy to drive.

sorry to hear that, especially after all your efforts on the car so far. Is it definitely dead, not just a question of worn big end shells and perhaps bearings?

Big end shells are completely destroyed, at least 3 have span, think only 1 of the 6 still have the locating tabs! Crank is scored as well, havn't even looked at top end but isn't really much point in rebuilding. Will just pull it to bits and sell any parts that are OK. Absolutely gutted but unfortunately crap happens, just have to move onwards and hope third time lucky!

One good thing is I only need a bare block now and I'll just swap everything over (sensors etc). Hopefully that should work!