swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Nice rolling road pictures...and the corrados with its spoiler raised.

also the mk3 golf cabrio looks mean too nice stance and rims.

Edited by VWVW

Haha, cheers pete. They do look good but scrub a lot so I'm looking for some other wheels, want to go slightly thinner.

Heres some pictures from a little meet I went to the other day.

155412_390020317709267_149874618390506_1237996_1624449447_n.jpg

540294_390020244375941_149874618390506_1237995_444214880_n.jpg

On another note I managed to rip my 90mm splitter off the other day... on a cats eye, I had no idea what it was I just saw this piece of plastic fly out from behind my car. Thought I'd destroyed my first cats eye. Parked up only to find no splitter. On my way back I took a look for it and found it in 3 pieces :( So now on the lookout for another seeing as the bodyshop threw my original 50mm out!

Well just been having a sort out of photo's and to be honest I'm not one for taking progress pictures, I just like to get on with things and spend more time making sure the car is exactly how I want it. During the build I went a bit mad with sheets of padding and adhesive felt to make sure nothing rattles and so far so good!

Anyhow, here are some of the pictures during the build some people might like to see. I literally cannot explain how much pride I took in putting this back together and it has been soo worth it. Been driving it for the past couple of months and only had a couple of problems from the obd2 conversion which I have sorted now, relating to cooling - matrix going pop, then thermostat housing so I just replaced the lot and so far happy days :)

Also got a good condition 90mm splitter for it but the weather is absolutely appalling at the moment so no up to date pictures sadly. I have ordered some cams for it so hopefully I'll see past the 200bhp mark... fingers crossed!!!

Before, looking a bit tatty

IMAG0196.jpg

DSC_1951.jpg

DSC_2060.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

Bit of arch manipulation

IMAG0221.jpg

The original plan was that a mate of mine was going to do the spraying but after seeing his work I decided I wasn't happy with it and approached another company, they gave me a good price including some welding so thought... meh why not I'll just make some alterations whilst I'm at it. The obvious one, the rest I like people to look at and think "theres something different about that but not sure what" to keep it oem...ish.

IMAG0376.jpg

Behind the rear bumper was pretty solid, just a little bit of paint flaking so I sanded it, treated it, painted it and undersealed it

IMAG0496.jpg

Getting there...

DSC_2771.jpg

All the arches well undersealed, lots of protection from the elements, no show car paint finish here... I want my car to last!!!

DSC_2778.jpg

DSC_2779.jpg

Feast of kings!!!

DSC_2787.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg

And the final article... will get some better pictures when better weather comes.

DSC_3304.jpg

Although I love the brock's, they just don't have the full wow factor I want so will be selling them in the not too distant future. Just trying to get my replacement wheels. I know what I want, I just can't find them!!! If anyone has any 16" split rims they fancy getting rid of, drop me a pm!

Very very nice, I think the brocks look really well, makes it look nice and purposeful. How does the obd2 feel, worth doing?

Looking good Dave, pass you most mornings on my way to work and it stands out a mile!! Keep meaning to have my phone on the ready to take a picture.

Cheers guys, it really has been a long time coming and without pictures people really can't see how much work I have put into the car but I literally disappeared for 6 months into my lockup to work on this car, 12 o clock finishes most friday and saturday nights but it was all worth it!

Aide - Yes its well worth doing, really does make the car pickup soo much better but... and this is the only but I have to say on the OBD2 conversion is that you don't get that VR kick at 3.5k which at first I was a little bit disappointed but then I realise it was because there is soo much less lag so you -find its about 2.5k which your usually in the power range. Other than that I can't advise it more! I see between 35-40mpg regularly on my MFA now as well.

Chris - hehe cheers, I always look for yours in the car park, looks amazing. Gotta get my all red rears sorted as they look awesome on yours, I have some film I bought but also sprayed some and can't decide which to go for as my spraying ones turned out pretty naff really and the film has the cutouts for the reverse light.

Looks ace mate nice and wide , im suprised you dint see me the other day i was in a big vw crafter van flashing like mad on sutton fields haha

Looks just as good in the flesh aswell really nice paint

Did you get the windscreen trim sorted and did they pay for a maxhine polish ??

Yea will do Abdul, I'm desperately trying to find some new wheels as I'm just not happy with the brocks but seeing as they look soo good I need something that will improve the look.

Yea I saw you Matt, were you near the B&Q roundabout as well? I was driving alongside another corrado lol. I was in a bit of a rush home though, that morning my thermostat housing had popped so I had topped up my water and was trying to get home as fast as I could without the water getting hot!

Yea got the windscreen trim sorted in the end, had another look at the paint and after a polish it was fine so couldn't really be bothered to cause a fuss. Some total c0ck has scratched my bumper anyway already, not massive but enough to royally p1ss me off!!!

Went to my local car meet the other day, dubs not clubs. Apparently the meet is being put in scene status magazine, not sure what that is but got an absolute cracking shot out of it! picture below. I only gave it a quick wash beforehand, wished I had given it a right good polish and wax now.

Not much to mention about updates, put some 263 cams in that were bought in the group buy and its booked in for a bit of mapping next month so looking forward to finally seeing how much bhp its putting out. Although being the idiot that I am, I'm considering ripping the engine out and finally going R32. I've got to a point where I can no longer tune the engine anymore with bolt on mods and it becomes very expensive past this point.

Also found some pictures from the original advert, looking a bit rustic and unloved, shes come a long way!! but I'm soo chuffed with it, everytime I drive it it puts a massive smile on my face.

Then:

227b_3.jpg

23e5_3.jpg

2d25_3.jpg

Engine in the rear, and not in the good way!

BM2cu-gB2kKGrHgoH-DsEjlLl0BVjBJmpjmI1nQ_3.jpg

Now :) :

620783_10151110916307523_558144480_o.jpg

Superb car! Just had a quick look through your build thread & its all very impressive,be interested in your re-map figures.

Well I had her rolling roaded the other week and to be honest I was a little disappointed with the paper figures, the modofications I have are OBD2 conversion, 263 cams, BMC CDA, 6 branch manifold, sports cat, full stainless steel miltek system, not a massive list of modifications but I was hoping to see 200bhp with them. Sadly only managed 193bhp but it was better than 150bhp on the first run. The power curve was very good after a few initial problems due to me being a complete moron... but we shan't talk about that.

After it had been remapped (and back up to full power) it really does go well, it seems to start pulling strong from about 2-2.5k and continue all the way around. After I had taken it for a spin and felt the power range I was soo impressed, Vince did say that OBD2 won't produce the most amazing figures but it delivers the power a lot better in the mid range which is where I want it.

Agree with Vince there, don't read into the figures, it's how it drives on the road that counts :)

Well havn't updated this much because I havn't really done anything to it sadly, it is no longer my daily but sadly I havn't had much time to drive it either.

I did take it to santa pod for Big Bang and took it down the strip, managed to beat my mates 240bhp Lancia Delta Integrale 3 times out of 4 and put in a lovely 14.9 quarter mile at 93mph which I was well chuffed with!!! Now that it is no longer my daily I'm hoping to up the power some more, have been looking for an R32 engine but after hearing my mates turbo on his delta I'm really feeling the turbo route but we shall see how things pan out. If anyone knows of a complete R32 engine with all ancillaries please get in touch.

Also after some 5 spoke 16" split rims if anyone has any?

Well this happened...

10300509_10152380434852048_7398104087940442498_n.jpg

Then this. Just waiting on my ECU back, the guy doing it is having some problems with it at the moment which is worrying me massively. Manifold is getting tacked up tomorrow to test for fitment so things are happening! Hopefully will be able to give it a try in the next few weeks

10382774_10152420436572048_5204797098912290611_n.jpg

Read your thread. nice car. like the wheels you have now. and the Audi 3.2 lump very nice! hope you get the teething problems sorted.

great stuff! So you've gone from standard to OBD2 to R32? Nice progression. I'm still at the OBD2 stage (almost!)but keep thinking about an R32 swop. Did you get the connectors you needed? As before,I've got a few random ones if you need some.

Yea, I've had some good news about the ECU this morning so hopefully I'll have a working one back soon. I've booked my tickets for GTI international with club stand, its a tall order but I've had less time before and made it!

Yea, its been a long haul and lots of heartache but its getting there! I wanted to see how far I could go with VR6 in terms of things I could do on my own, never trusted people to do any work on my car as its always rushed and half-arsed. I'd really like to turbo the VR engine so thats the long term plan, maybe look at getting forged internals etc.

Yea managed to get a few connectors from scrapyard fla but thanks anyway, bought all new pins and crimping tools so all wires are nice and neat! Just need a few male and female plugs to join near the offside so will be nice and OEM instead of long wires going directly to components.

Can't wait to drive it though, still on the lookout for some new wheels though and of course bigger brakes! Missed out on some stunning OZ futura's in 16 the other day because I accidentally typed my bid in £'s instead of euro's on german ebay... gutted was an understatement!

Edited by swiftkid