daves16v

Black Metallic VR - SOLD!

is a new lambda sensor required as i dont have one in my kit? Or will the existing VR one be ok?

Pete, yeah I've got a spare, just needs bending.

Hasan, I'm not totally sure but I would say yes you will need the OBD2 sensor. It's really not worth mixing parts, if you want OBD2 don't skimp.

Dave that's a nice rad elbow! Are you making them?

Also where did you get the golf coolant bottle loom from?

Cheers Rob

Fla, how old is your VR? If its a CP ecu then yes it will plug in and I ran mine with obd1 lambda for a while but eventually changed it over. I can't say for 100% if the lambda is the same but it didn't make a huge difference if anything when I swapped it over. Oh and if it is a CP ecu apparently you don't need to change the fusebox to engine bay loom over, thats what the guy in the OBD2 thread says. I would be most interested to hear if this is true!

Dave that's a nice rad elbow! Are you making them?

Also where did you get the golf coolant bottle loom from?

Cheers Rob

Rob,

I'm thinking about making them.

Coolant bottle from the dealer. There's a thread somewhere about changing to the Mk4 coolant bottle but it's not just a case of swapping the bottle.

Rob,

I'm thinking about making them.

Coolant bottle from the dealer. There's a thread somewhere about changing to the Mk4 coolant bottle but it's not just a case of swapping the bottle.

Sorry Dave I didn't mean the bottle it's self I ment the loom, did you buy the loom separate?

I have the bottle already, and I would buy an elbow off you ;)

Recent updates -

I've recently fitted a Momo Jet wheel, it wasn't my first choice of wheel but it came in a close second.

Got all my parts together for the OEM VDO gauge install. Sender I got off ebay brand new at about half the cost of anywhere else. The connector housing and leads with crimps from TPS and then added a fuse holder and extended the wiring with soldered joints and heatshrink. I've also got crimps for the other end of the wiring, just need to get hold of some more convoluted trunking for that OEM under bonnet look. I'll most likely fit it at the weekend.

Talking of under bonnet I've also added some more Stainlessware, have to say it's coming on nicely. Post up pics when there's more to see.

I've got more stuff in the pipeline but I'll keep that to myself for now.

Looking good Dave, did you manage sort your knock sensor out?

Nah not yet, it's not causing me a big problem at the moment but I will crack it soon as it's down on power slightly.

Ahh, yeah it will retart the map when they kick in... so you will be down a bit :)

I managed sort my fan issues out and got a new temp guage on the way too, so pretty much all wrapped up now in regards to the OBD2 stuff... :)

I managed sort my fan issues out and got a new temp guage on the way too, so pretty much all wrapped up now in regards to the OBD2 stuff... :)

I bet you're glad it's over.

Installed my OEM VDO Gauge today, took quite some time but I wanted to make a very neat install. I did come across a problem with some incorrect forum information so will post a correction.

The results are stunning, absolutely love the gauges.

I routed the wiring through an existing grommet just above the clutch pedal and then routed the wiring through split convoluted conduit around the bay to the battery and sender.

ahh so wish i would of brought them now :( i wanted those but didnt want the price,so i got them individualy, how much room have you got for the sender? was it a tight squeeze?

Good job, Dave! Looks like a very neat install- worth taking your time with something like that. They really finish off the interior don't they? Love mine. What gearknob is that? Matches nicely 8)

ahh so wish i would of brought them now :( i wanted those but didnt want the price,so i got them individualy, how much room have you got for the sender? was it a tight squeeze?

Plenty of room for the sender, not much room to get your arm down there though.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Andy, yeah love it. The knob was already on the car when I bought it but I'm guessing it is a Richbrook.

Looking good Dave. Not even thought about the install of my set yet! Could you list the extra bits you needed to buy to be able to fit them please? You wouldn't mind putting price and supplier could you?

They look very tidy, glad I decided to get them as I thought it would be pretty much the last chance to get them at that price.

Cheers dragon, I'm really happy with the way it's turning out.

Matt, give me a couple of days and I'll list out everything, might even be able to help out with wiring.

Pete, the gearknob was on the car when I bought it, see here http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?13191-Rieger-Illuminated-Gear-Knob-and-Gaitor&highlight=illuminated+gear

Nah not yet, it's not causing me a big problem at the moment but I will crack it soon as it's down on power slightly.

Yippee! I found a broken wire at the knock sensor connector on the loom side, repaired it, ran it up to temp and hey presto no fault code. But the big test will be taking it out for a run. Thanks to PurpleTom for a little help.

Result! :) last thing you need to be doing in these temperatures is faffing with wires lol!