Keyo

Black magic returns home

1 hour ago, ABV-VR6 said:

What a beautiful family picture! Very nice mate, super nice! Everything is going well with the Corrado so far? What's the wife will drive when the mk7 is gone 😉

Cheers! 

Thank You ABV, Hopefully me mate ha. Corrado is running like a dream so the MK7 golf will go,  Rado  needs dailying this summer its to rude not to use her she needs to breath after the engine rebuild.  

Edited by Keyo

30 minutes ago, ger040 said:

fantastic line up mate 

Each morning i am ,sure you pause and say "which will i drive today"

those cars are a credit to you - best of luck with them.

Thanks Geri and for the parts you sent me to help renovate the Corrado. and your kind words. 

18 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Been a while mate, how's the "new" engine going?
Cheers!

All good thanks chap on 1k on the clock now so nearly half way in till I can take it just below the red line - Ive been getting some parts together to sort out the sloppy shift- mainly a German 35 reduction shifter. 

Hey do you see these fog blanks on canadian cars, apparently only for that market  You can get them sparyed too match the body look pretty cool - can still get them from classics but I think they only fit pre face lift. 

bla.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Wow half way done already! Glad to hear all is going well.
Speaking of shifter, I decided to go with the 02J route with the Polo box on my car. May as well while I'm there.
I think these blanks were only for the G60 mate. The VR6 got the clear glass one so ya, that would explain why it fits only the pre face lift.

Take care!

Yes mate I would say that is a good route to go on the gearbox - its a more direct shift however for me I wanted a shorter shift and Vince told me the throw is not much difference on a 02J just more direct and less sloppy.  I also purchased x6 billet bushes that house the cable holder in the bay which is meant to help things sharpen up.

This is the 35 % reduction kit I went for as its a new complete shifter and on the rebuild kit some of the parts are obsolete sop not really a full rebuild. They take  few weekx to arrive because each one is handmade at Gema Motorsport in Germany. I will give some feedback once fitted. Also got all new OE links and weights for in the engine bay. Just waiting for the shifter to turn up and two gaskets to complete the kit.  

https://www.maxrpm.de/Short-shifter-for-Corrado-Build-all-likewise-G60-about-35

Also update on my Mk7 Golf deposit down and been collected this Sunday from a chap in Glasgow and lucky 21 year old son will be happy Will sit back for the next few months and see if a bargain comes up on another car or might even buy euro 6 truck to replace one of the older ones with the city smog tax coming in at home city. 

shifterr.jpg

spoiler.jpg

list.jpg

Edited by Keyo

You make me think of me with your paper list! I have quite a few of those too... 

Ya the shifter, I would not do the conversion to 02J if I didn't have to remove my auto shift but since I do and would need to source the 02A, may as well. I did too purchase those metal bushings for the bracket on the transmission. 

Glad the Mk7 is dealt with and its always nice to see the car go to a good family/cause. So you'll be driving the Corrado dailysh now? 

I was looking at some classified today and thought of you when I saw this: https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/pts/d/north-vancouver-fs-rare-zender-momo/7126583902.html

Cheers mate

Pffff, paper list. I have 2. Also have a list on my phone, and a white board in the garage! Lol

3 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

You make me think of me with your paper list! I have quite a few of those too... 

Ya the shifter, I would not do the conversion to 02J if I didn't have to remove my auto shift but since I do and would need to source the 02A, may as well. I did too purchase those metal bushings for the bracket on the transmission. 

Glad the Mk7 is dealt with and its always nice to see the car go to a good family/cause. So you'll be driving the Corrado dailysh now? 

I was looking at some classified today and thought of you when I saw this: https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/pts/d/north-vancouver-fs-rare-zender-momo/7126583902.html

Cheers mate

Yep that is a rare one would of been popular on Mercedes like the 190E .  I will be driving the Corrado in the summer and the MK2 golf in the winter - I have to be honest the MK7 golf had 19 alloys and a hard suspension the MK2 is actually drives better for a daily although no where near the performance of course. Good luck with the gear box change will be much better for a sports car a manual. 

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

Pffff, paper list. I have 2. Also have a list on my phone, and a white board in the garage! Lol

Its a list the wallet dont like ha!

26 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Its a list the wallet dont like ha!

I know that feeling well mate. In fairness, most of mine now have a line through them as done/bought, so it's just the 'wants' rather than the 'needs' now.

17 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I know that feeling well mate. In fairness, most of mine now have a line through them as done/bought, so it's just the 'wants' rather than the 'needs' now.

Yep this Vag classic hobby is a filthy addiction ha. 

Finally got a set very happy with the way they look and was worth hunting for a set all this time, ended up shipping some over from Amsterdam. Very good condition no need for a retrim and have heating. 

recar.jpg

recc.jpg

Edited by Keyo

7 hours ago, Keyo said:

Finally got a set very happy with the way they look and was worth hunting for a set all this time, ended up shipping some over from Amsterdam. Very good condition no need for a retrim and have heating. 

recar.jpg

recc.jpg

Excellent news mate, they just look so much sleeker in there don’t they, glad some turned up!

49 minutes ago, tonedef said:

Excellent news mate, they just look so much sleeker in there don’t they, glad some turned up!

Thanks TD I really like them it is such a classic design they got it spot on at Recaro - Just got to sort the loom out as its  bit incomplete.  

About bloody time 🤣. Well done in finding a decent set. They look great in a black car

I agree with cressa, they look stunning on a black car like yours! Congrats mate, they look like new! 

Certainly looks better and I think you’ll find they don’t give you lower back ache after a while like the standard ones. Vince powered mine to the fuse box although the heated bit isn’t connecting in yet. What bit are you missing ?

29 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Certainly looks better and I think you’ll find they don’t give you lower back ache after a while like the standard ones. Vince powered mine to the fuse box although the heated bit isn’t connecting in yet. What bit are you missing ?

Thanks Shaun . 

Just the  cable end fuse box for the motors - red live single pin and the brown single pni- clearly when stripped from car they just chopped off the fuse box end for convenience I suppose- have already sourced the fuse box connector 161 937 501 that the fuse goes into.  All ready have the stock heated loom in place so all good on that. 

Need part number 701906231 live red  + 3A0 922751 brown earth 

Picture below of the plugs I need if anyone can help- thanks. 

Anyone know what fuse it should take ? Is it a 20A yellow fuse by chance ? Thanks 

plug.png

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, ger040 said:

wow they do look fantastic - make my standard leather seats look ordinary

Thanks ABV and Geri. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Thanks Shaun . 

Just the  cable end fuse box for the motors - red live single pin and the brown single pni- clearly when stripped from car they just chopped off the fuse box end for convenience I suppose- have already sourced the fuse box connector 161 937 501 that the fuse goes into.  All ready have the stock heated loom in place so all good on that. 

Need part number 701906231 live red  + 3A0 922751 brown earth 

Picture below of the plugs I need if anyone can help- thanks. 

Anyone know what fuse it should take ? Is it a 20A yellow fuse by chance ? Thanks 

plug.png

I got new from VW the other year for the plug ends. Hopefully someone will post up b4 me about the fuse as I'm not going home until Thursday PM.

And if you find the switches are a little unresponsive at times, like the mirror switch - take them apart and clean the contacts. Cheap fix instead of trying to source another switch