CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

I promise i will get some snaps up at the weekend, and maybes even a video or two!

I will bear that in mind if I do decide to sell it pete, and yes its got the cams and has been remapped. No cats at all, and nice free flowing exhaust. i think its as far as you can take it without going for thottle bodies.

Some 4wd data would be ieal mate. Get it posted up. I havent had the 4wd done yet, as i havent got any adjustment on the rear yet, and I wanted that setting up first.

just as an extra bit of info mates stage 2 supercharged vr6 golf managed 140 up that same hill!

just as an extra bit of info mates stage 2 supercharged vr6 golf managed 140 up that same hill!

nice! 8)

thanks for the consideration there too - not wanting to be cheeky, but i do miss my old car and i recon i will return to corrado ownership again at some point, just not for a while....

I adore this mate, one thing i want to do to a Corrado when i can afford too.

Look forward to seeing it charged. 8)

Right...scanners bust at the mo :(

So here are the final measurement figures of the beisbarth: (Measurements in degrees)

REAR AXLE:

Camber

Left -3.52

Right -3.48

Individual Toe

Left +0.25

Right +0.25

Total Toe +0.50

Setback +0.02

Geometrical driving axis +0.00

FRONT AXLE:

Camber

Left -1.44

Right -1.37

Individual Toe

Left +0.03

Right +0.04

Total Toe +0.07

Hope that helps

Sukh

PS

yes the rear camber reading is correct :shock: Tyres is wearing evenly though :scratch:

minor update:

I had a few issues with the prop clattering the steering rack under hard acceleration, but i have sorted it now. Interior is still in bits and needs finishing off, but its driving fine. I had to replace a ball joint, which put my tracking out a mile, Couldnt bring myself to pay another 25 quid for basic tracking when i need to get the thing proper 4 wheel aligned, so i set it up by eye - its spot on!

I havent got the rear anti roll bar back on yet, so i think there's more improvements to be had, but it handles really nicely, turn in is very sharp and solid, and it seems I can get on the gas so much earlier in the corners and it just pulls me through it and slingshots out. Corner exit speeds are awesome.

That said, I am still not convinced its the car for me. I just drive around in it thinking I am too old for this. I like modern insulated vehicles, I have been spoilt by nice new company cars for the last 6 year. and its not really practical - i have nowhere to put me dog! she certainly wont fit in the boot. and its tight in the passenger footwell when there is someone in the passenger seat, plus i dont want her in there with my beige interior when she's up the naffs.

It was alright when she was like this:

IMG_0219.jpg

but shes now like digby the worlds biggest labrador lol

6760_263300515141_665565141_8649890.jpg

thats a spacious new passat that shes filling up there!

I am considering buying a transporter as a practical do all vehicle. Jesus how old do I sound lol

I bought my transporter a year ago and it's without doubt the best thing i've ever done, I practically live in it! :lol: Its an absolutely awesome vehicle to own if you have a lifestyle like mine (outdoors,dogs,kids etc) and I can't see me ever being without one from now on :camp:

A T4 and a Corrado is the perfect combo IMO, don't go flogging it after all these years!

I couldnt afford both really. and between the car the bike the missus car and the transporter I would be loathed to pay out all that insurance and tax to the leaches.

dunno yet. I am going to continue fettling it, but its just not what i need in a car anymore. Looks nice, outstanding performance, not much practicality, and I do 25,000miles a year on average.

Not sure what to do to be honest. No point being sentimental about it. :shrug:

see how it goes.

Yeah I hear what you're saying about the 'sentimental' thing, but most people can sell up, then decide a year down the line that they want another and just go and buy one, but with yours it's taken so long to get it how you want, you may well regret getting rid? It's not like you could replace it easily.

Dunno though, it's just a car at the end of the day, if it's not 'doing it for you' then it's not worth keeping I suppose :?

well exactly.

I do have a similar lifestyle to yourself, I like to go walking and mountain biking out in the middle of nowhere, I have a dog that has a fetish for jumping in muddy puddles, and I need a vehicle to carry me, my friends and my surfboards, or snowboards to the coast, or to the alps.

There is the uniqueness of this car yes, and if i took the same time scales to build another i would have past 40 by the time i completed it lol but, I am just swaying away from performance cars altogether. The corrado is mental quick, and I have a supercharger to make it quicker, but i just cant be bothered. Was also thinking of a nice A4 estate tdi or something like that as a practical car.

If I want to drive like a loon I get my motorbike out.

Yes I am officially old lol

:( Well i've got a T4 and an A4 Avant TDI so i'm one step ahead of you, and probably younger :lol: I have to say though, as much as i've not got much interest in going fast I can't wait to get myself another Corrado just because i'm so bored of the Audi as an alternative to the van, it's a great car but just doesn't excite me. I think the fact that you're into bikes makes a difference though, no matter what you do to the rado it won't give you the thrill you get from a bike, so you get your 'fix' from that I spose.

It's nice to have a project take shape and evolve over a period of time.I am in a similar position in that respect.However the problem with that is,as people we are always evolving and by the time you have finished your circumstances may have changed or you may have developed different priorites.

So what seemed really important 2-3-4 or whatever years ago no longer seems so important.

If you start to feel too old for something then maybe you are.That isn't to say there is an age cap for this sort of thing.It's just that everyone is diferent.

I personally hope it at least stays in one piece whatever you decide so that someone gets to enjoy it if indeed you decide it is not for you anymore.

I personally hope it at least stays in one piece whatever you decide so that someone gets to enjoy it if indeed you decide it is not for you anymore.

Agreed, if it's sold it has to be sold in one piece and to someone who will leave it alone or add to it in a good way as well as keep us all updated on the forum!

I hope it doesn't come to that though Ian, I wanted to have a nose at this at some point!

unfortunately modifying cars doesnt really hold my interest anymore. It just seems like an expense and hassle. I am more interested in surfing, and learning to play the guitar - I am turning into a proper hippy lol

Walesy - weird that you have the 2 cars I have been thinking about going for! In my thoughts i considered pushing the boat out and getting an 4.2 audi S4 avant, but again I dont know whether i am bothered about that either.

I think my minds virtually made up to be honest. I would personally like to sell it whole, but that depends what people are willing to pay for it.

I had a figure of 8.5k in mind, and bearing in mind what this car is, its cost me a hell of a lot more in parts, let alone bloody sweat and snot.

If you'd be so good as to make a proper For Sale advert mate, as per our rules, that'd be much appreciated!

If I was starting my corrado again this would be the approach I would take. I would be interested in buying this but I am worried it will spell the end of my other project, I mean, projects :(

Well its the end of an era!

Neal came tonight and took the corrado away. Time to relax a little and leaving modding alone for a while. I think i will come back to it at some point though.

I will pop back on here from time to time to see how everyone is doing, and maybes even to have a look see what Neal has done with my old car :)

Take it easy dudes :salute:

Ian

Hi Ian.

I've not been on here that much recently due to work, but surprised to see your selling (sold) up. I can understand your decision though as I can't be arsed to mod mine anymore either. I am gong to enjoy that lovelly 24v for a while and see if the urge to take it to the next level comes back.

Anyway, just want to say a big thanks to the help you gave me during my install - and for suppling such a peach of an engine!

Good luck with the non-modding and hope to see you around here once in a while :)

Dutch

Wow just seen your birthday today many happy returns for that but since you mentioned too old for the modding thing gutted I am just about as old as you so only got short time to finish mine before I need to sell :lol:

just read all of the pages, im gutted its been sold but it was a lovely car glad to see it went whole to a corrado fan :salute: