tim20vt

fully rebuilt 20vt

very good allround skills, the results speak for themselves. Hugely impressive work.

got all my parts from vw could be one of my last trips i think all i need is a windscreen,found some rather expensive new roof strips on ebay.

more clips,bolts g60 calipers etc

DSC_00042.jpg

bonded the first window back in.

DSC_00052.jpg

rebuilt the rears shot blasted carriers and gave them all a coat of paint.

DSC_00072.jpg

got all the brakes fitted and bled my front panel came back from blasting so i sprayed the remaining bits dismantled my diy spray booth and started to build it up.

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

new roof strips etc

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

had to get this 1/4 glass out then bond it in to my car,cut all the way round took me ages then at the last inch of glue i some how broke it so i am now on the search for another.

The glass has been the worst thing about this whole build so far iv broken one windscreen and 2 right rear 1/4s so i dont recon id be any good working for autoglass.

DSC_0025.jpg

Edited by tim20vt

got a bit more done.

ordered all the remaining parts from vw

a pair of complete headlights

windscreen and all the trims

soundproofing

sunroof seal

and a load more bolts and clips

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041-1.jpg

started to sort a carpet so the interior can go in,went down to the carpet shop and found one,then i test sewed some leather on as binding to check it would sew on ok, so then i can make the carpet in a few sections as it wont bend,that turned out well so i ordered 20mtrs of vinyl carpet binding from a car carpet place and put that on the edges just need to do a few more sections.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033-1.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Edited by tim20vt

cheers guys! getting near the end,new coilovers on the way and searching for wheels.

bit more work today

got the new winscreen and trims bonded in

DSC_0043-1.jpg

bound a few sections of the carpet

DSC_0044.jpg

new headlights in

DSC_0047.jpg

got a full brown hide cheap so i had to do the liner again but in leather to go with the rest

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

and i need to start taking this lot over to the car my house is full of rado parts

SDC10520.jpg

Edited by tim20vt

cheers guys

wow! Any more pics of the roofliner?

its in the car now and the pics arn't great,it has no stitching its just in one piece glued on,kinda wish i had done it in a few sections and got some stitch detail on it but i can always go back and do bits once the whole car is together,the material i did the roof in before was very thin and the spray glue soaked through so i had to put a small amount of glue on and it started coming off so with the leather you can put loads of glue on and it wont soak through thats why i did it again,i did the backs of the seats in sewn sections.

few pics of the interior going back in.

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Edited by tim20vt

This is very inspiring work! I am fairly new to the forum, and have just read your whole thread, I take my hat off to you sir.

Excellent re-build thread, keep up the top class work, if there is a 'corrado of the year' award, this is the winner

coilovers arrived,tyres hard against the body so new wheels are on the way,but have a 4 week wait.

DSC_0075-1.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

carpets finished

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

coverd the shelf supports hoping to be finished by the end of next month when the wheels turn up.

Simply awsome skills mate, utterly staggering.

If you dont mind me mentioning though you have got the ABS cable carrier on the wrong way round, it should resemble a letter U with the ends going into the arch not out of it.

Would hate to see you having to buy more if the wheels rub or anything.

Keep up the good work :)

hi mate very nice job you are doin there . back on the net now , do you still want the no plate light cover and sunroof panel ? regards rob

Simply awsome skills mate, utterly staggering.

If you dont mind me mentioning though you have got the ABS cable carrier on the wrong way round, it should resemble a letter U with the ends going into the arch not out of it.

Would hate to see you having to buy more if the wheels rub or anything

Keep up the good work :)

thanks mate!! i positioned that like 4 times and still couldnt decide how it goes, thats how i had it at first but does it need rotating down? i cant remember i took it off so long ago.

cheers

DSC_0086-1.jpg

Yeah tilt it down a few degrees and that should do it :) cant remember if they have circular bits that sit on the bolt head/nut or if they are 6 sided?????

About another 5 degrees ought to do it, bit anal but i guess thats me being such a saddo lol!

nice one thanks mate ,i will stick the wheel on and check it out,it has a spline type thing inside so it can go in loads of positions thats why i ended up spending half hour looking at a part that takes 2 seconds to fit.

made a start on sorting the steering wheel it had a big split in so i took the cover off and made a pattern to use on the brown hide left over from the roof.

stitched all the way round with the machine then a few hours of hand stitching later had this nearly done.

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

Jesus man you are a legend! that looks the dogs Danglies!

Seriously goood skills throughout the whole project. Hats off to you Sir :)