Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Scirocco - sneak update on P13

Interesting that the Corrado doesn't seem to be worthy of a mention in the VW timeline......Oh dear.... :(

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen-world/heritage/timeline

It's just a sales gimmic to get morons to buy a car. They aren't worried about the details of a dead end product that financially raped them! Hmm just like these cars are doing to us as owners now. :)

Soncroit.

Yes the corrado is the bastard son of the passat and golf but it does not share the same floor pan, the new iplop does share the same floor pan as the goof, its just the shell that is different.

Well, I personally would like one myself :)

"Burn the Witch!" :lol:

I'm with you campaign, I'd like one too.

And deviant, you are a deviant yourself so don't start picking on witches! :wink:

:) Don't suppose you watched that program that was on the telly recently about making good decisions did you? Apparently the human mind will go to great lengths to justify bad decisions! :)

I'm afraid I simply don't know what you mean. I have made no bad decision. I have put no money down on a car. I am impartial. The person who made the bad decision was the one who decided to change the front end.

Yanders, I know way better than to take you on in the realms of what bits came from which car at what time of day in what month of what year. I just think that if the Corrado had never existed and someone said to you they were going to fashion a coupe out of bits of Golf and Passat you wouldn't dream the results would be as good as they turned out to be, with or without the different floor pan. I say give the ipod a chance.

And it's sonicriot, not roit. Roit is dangerously close to goit! :lol:

[

Yanders, I know way better than to take you on in the realms of what bits came from which car at what time of day in what month of what year. I just think that if the Corrado had never existed and someone said to you they were going to fashion a coupe out of bits of Golf and Passat you wouldn't dream the results would be as good as they turned out to be, with or without the different floor pan. I say give the ipod a chance.

PMSL. :)

Your right, if the Corrado had never existed then I probably would expect the results of a Golf and Passat cross to be a bit of a dog.

I think the main reason I am disapointed with the new scirocoo is because VW made the Corrado.

It it drives as well as the mk 5 golf it will be a nice car to drive, maybe even better but unlike the Corrado it looks too much like its competitors. You cant say the probe and calibra look like a corrado aside from a proper coupe like shape.

P.S. Apologies for the username error :opps:

[

PMSL. :)

Your right, if the Corrado had never existed then I probably would expect the results of a Golf and Passat cross to be a bit of a dog.

I think the main reason I am disapointed with the new scirocoo is because VW made the Corrado.

It it drives as well as the mk 5 golf it will be a nice car to drive, maybe even better but unlike the Corrado it looks too much like its competitors. You cant say the probe and calibra look like a corrado aside from a proper coupe like shape.

P.S. Apologies for the username error :opps:

Apology accepted. As long as nobody starts calling me sonicgoit13! :lol:

Totally agree with the comment on comparing the rado with it's contemporaries. There is no comparison between the probe and the rado on looks. There really just isn't.

But even though the iteddy does look a lot like it's enemies I still think it looks cool. And I would still buy one. I still think it's a shame it looks like and angry Focus. But then the Focus isn't a munter either.

Interesting that the Corrado doesn't seem to be worthy of a mention in the VW timeline......Oh dear.... :(

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen-world/heritage/timeline

It's just a sales gimmic to get morons to buy a car. They aren't worried about the details of a dead end product that financially raped them! Hmm just like these cars are doing to us as owners now. :)

:lol: :lol:

OK, here's a rough list of the pics I took with my TyTN and some video clips (you'll need a suitable mp4 player, didn't have time to convert, maybe someone else who has more time ;-)).

Geneva

More to follow from my mates' material, once edited :-)

Tempest

Yeah this thing is a complete corporate buffle - it just looks so god dam bland from almost every angle.

the interiors nice but it's not hard to see where they got the inspiration for the seat design from,just look at Edition 38 or any major Vee Dub show last year, - what was that anti modding campaign they launched a few years back ?!

here's some more blandness: http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/ ... 2235.shtml

i agree with the comments on here,if it's meant to be a coupe then make it a coupe,not some half assed half way house between the MK5 & MK6 Golf !

never seen anything so obviously designed by a resizing cursor, and the back is just horrible - made me wince when i saw the pic :( :(

think it will take a long time to grow on me :?

Well I think I found something positive!! It has frame-less driver and passenger door windows 8)

Excellent. That means that when some scrote breaks your window to nick 50p out the ashtray it'll cost £300 to get it replaced instead of £150 .. !

The car looks very "american". i.e. long and wide. (For the country where parking spaces are so big you have to drive across them.)

Omigod, the interior looks like they nicked the left over bits of leather from the Campaign production runs...!

Well I think I found something positive!! It has frame-less driver and passenger door windows 8)

Excellent. That means that when some scrote breaks your window to nick 50p out the ashtray it'll cost £300 to get it replaced instead of £150 .. !

The car looks very "american". i.e. long and wide. (For the country where parking spaces are so big you have to drive across them.)

Omigod, the interior looks like they nicked the left over bits of leather from the Campaign production runs...!

:D

Liking the new Seat in those rather more I must say. The wheels are superb!

And as for the Lambo.. sort of makes me think of the old Daddies advert! "Lambo or chics... Lambo or chics... hmm...." :lol:

Oh - and I guess the Fiat 500 picture is for me, Eric? :D

- and I guess the Fiat 500 picture is for me, Eric?

Indeed :lol: The birdage on the Fiat stand were OK, too, not as nice as the real birds on Giugiaro's stand (father and son have demonstrated excellent quality, certainly can make cars look excellent).

Tempest

Seen some photos of it at Geneva, I have to admit, I don't like it at all. Looks like I'll have to wait even longer for a desirable vw coup

Like the front of it, but the rear is abysmal! Just looks like a middle of the road hatch like a Mazda 3, Civic or... Proton Satria :lol: Dear, oh dear!

Liking the Seat though, and the Passat R36 looks superb- would look amazingly mean in black 8)

Most of us like the front, just shame about the arse end. Just put my finger over the rear light cluster. Got to say, from the front three quarter angle - it's an improvement. Problem is it attempts to be aggressive at the front but all pansy at the back. Should be the other way round really if anything - like the design ethic to Porsche's 911 "Hello" at the front and "See ya" at the rear.

One thing that's perhaps eluded us is that modern design criteria denies the low sleek shapes of the past - re. high bonnets etc. we've got now for protecting silly bods that cross their path. Very high rooflines these days too. With this Scirocco, it sits well in with the family hatchbacks of today, not the coupes of today. If my mind serves me right, the original Scirocco had the looks of a coupe with a hatched rear - not the other way round. I think VW will be successful with this car. Today's buyers are not like those of yesteryear... and sadly whether we like the Scirocco of today or not, it's those customers VW are after that we should be blaming, not VW themselves. Maybe we should blame VW for calling it a Scirocco tho.

If they ever made another Corrado, imagine what that would look like - it would probably end up looking similar to an MPV! The niche for truer coupes like the ones we own don't exist anymore in todays market. Our world's just changing sadly. One day we'll all be driving Smart cars anyway - something to look forward to!!