Andi

[FYI] Change in Management at THE Corrado Forum

Hi all,

I'm not sure if all of you are aware, but I've run this site since it's inception, over 13 years ago.

For about 10 of those, I also ran the dedicated server and managed all the software / hardware / upgrades - as well as trying to keep the site new, fresh, appealing to new users, but fun & useful for the current lot.

It's been fantastic - and I've enjoyed nearly every moment of it!

You've all been very supportive of me as well, making the until-4am tech sessions worthwhile when I see you all log back in at 7am and using the site as if nothing's happened!

I've got DVDs of Rolling Road days, and various T-shirts & stickers we've designed throughout the years.

But, I've not actually had a Corrado for over 10 years - though I've stuck in the VW & Audi fold for pretty much all of that.

I now have a 2-year daughter, and I'm engaged to be married.. Basically, I've grown up and changed quite a bit from the 22 year old who started this site a long time ago.

I'm sure most of you've noticed I've been getting far more distant in the past couple of years. Having a more demanding job, and a small family, has made looking after the site more of an after-thought than something I want to passionately continue.

But the last thing I'd ever want, is for anything to change (for the worse) for the users.

So, it's with great pleasure that I announce the new 'Commander in Chief', t700bes

He has been looking after the server & hosting of the site for the past couple of years and some of you will know him from his Corrado owning days.

I suspect he'll be back with another - so I'll let you guys keep on bugging him about it..!!

I'm not leaving. I'll still be around for any help and advice on running the forum and it's setup. But it's t700bes you should contact for all things forum and any feedback, etc. as he's the new boss ;)

Here's to the next phase of The CF and to see what goodies some new blood can rustle up! :geek:

Peace out! :afro:

Thank you and well done for all your work over the years. Glad to see its not just come to an end and there's a future for the forum.

All the best with the wedding!

hqdefault.jpg

Andi

I am a new member and I am o the forum every day several times, getting info and just browsing.

I was a massive user of the Vw Golf mk1 owners club forum for the last 5 years and in the top 20ish for posts which shows my enthusiasm for these platforms.

Although a newbie, I thank you for all the hard work that you will have done over the years and if it wasnt for people like yourself, these things would not exist.

Hats off

Chris

Thanks for all the great work Andi. I also work in IT and know what it takes behind the scenes to keep things running.

Without the Forum many of our cars wouldn't be on the roads anymore. And all our Wives/Partners would be happy :)

Cheers Andi! :cool:

Thank you for all your efforts over the years in running such a great forum,

All the best :salute:

we've all been incredibly lucky to have you dedicate so much time and effort into this forum, A VERY BIG THANK YOU!!! :salute::salute:

Thanks for creating what is probably one of the friendliest forums online :thumbleft:

Cheers and all the best.

Bill.

I echo all of the above and thank you for your long term commitment past, present and future.

A note to the Corrado Forum members.....

This is a fantastic platform for information, please don't let the various facebook groups dilute your enthusiasm for posting here, they're just a pale imitation of the Corrado Forum without the historical back up we have here.

Thanks so much for creating this great resource Andi. I'm amazed you held out and kept this place going this long given you'd not owned a Corrado for a decade - it's certainly been appreciated by so many people, myself included.

But it's not just been about keeping my Corrado on the road. I've met so many good friends through this forum, that have gone on to be great mates and.. hell.. I've even travelled around Europe and made friends in other countries just because of the Corrado, and this forum.

Thank-you so much and all the best with your future endeavours :)

This forum Is a Antarctic resource. I doubt whether my Corrado would be out he road today without it. Thanks for all your hard work and good luck with the wedding.

All the best for your future endeavours Andi, thank you for your dedication to keeping such a great forum running.

Welcome to your successor also!

Andi, I'm in the same boat mate, haven't drove or moved my corrado since'08.. Also got a 1 and a half year old daughter..

Best of luck to you and you familiy!!!

Massive thanks for all your hard work over the years andi, best of luck for the future! Make sure you get little one into a corrado!

Andi, your dedication to your creation and the family it supports, is beyond reproach. So many thank you's and all richly deserved. I think I'm one of the few who can say we were there at the birth of your forum and still here to be counted today. Same Corrado, but like us all, it looks a little different now We all wish you the most happy of times going forward with your Wife and family. Thank you Bud. I think you can consider yourself, very much written into the history of this most loved Coupe.

Best regards, John JMR Ltd

I echo what many others have posted & am truly grateful for this forum & its friendly & helpful members, nurtured by the environment you helped to form

many thanks for all of your work over the years, good luck for the future & I wish you & your family well.

a big hello to our new admin too :D

Andi some sterling work over the years - testament to your dedication. As above, hugely appreciated. Wishing you all success in your married life too.

I haven't been on here for a while, so it was a bit of a surprise to see this! So just wanted to say a belated thank you for all your effort over the years. And wish you all the best for you and your family for the future.

Just wanted to say thank you to this site and everyones input. For today especially i would like to thank Jim for sorting my log in issues. Crikey i was losing the plot without this site.

Thanks everyone

what can I say but thanks its one of the best forums out there in my opinion so thank you and as Jim says ive made some good friends through the forum too ;) all the best

I've only just noticed this thread,

apologies been really busy at work over the last 18 months or so.

I'd just like to say thanks Andy for starting up this great forum and keeping it going all these years :salute:

I've only been a member since early 2013,

but I remember looking on this forum in my lunch hour at work getting tips back in 2007, and thinking back then so that's how they do that, and that part you can purchase from there & so on.

Also thanks to all you guys & girls on here for all your great support and input,

it's great the Corrado team is still strong :cheers::thumbleft:

Roll on another 15 strong years :thumb right:

Many thanks

Si