Supercharged

Bally (RIP)

Hi all - some sad news and apologies if I've missed a post about it.

I just saw on Facebook that it looks like Bally sadly passed away yesterday...

Just wondered if anyone knows the circumstances?

I never really knew him but met him a number of times at shows and he was one of the original members on this forum and still had his C from what I can see...

Edited by Supercharged

Yeah saw the news on Facebook too such a shame condolences to his family.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Saw this today, very sad to hear. Never met him but always seemed a really nice genuine guy on the forum etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RIP Bally

Condolences to family.

Got to know him and met him off the back of this forum over 10 years ago, lost touch over the last few years. Absolutely gutted and shocked to hear of his passing.

Can’t claim to have known him very well but I think we both got into the Corrado scene around the same sort of time in the early 00’s. Only caught up with him last year at the VW meet he ran in Coventry and was good to see he was still well into it, though said he had been unwell for a while and could see as much as he had lost a lot of weight... but he said he had turned a corner and was on the road to recovery.

Was a real bombshell to read the news this morning.. gonna take a while to come to terms with it I think. Hit me a bit more than I thought it would.

RIP man.

Saw this earlier, awful news. Seemed like great, knowledgable guy who produced some great mods. RIP.

Was a real bombshell to read the news this morning.. gonna take a while to come to terms with it I think. Hit me a bit more than I thought it would.

Same... must be a similar age to us and he had a young family from looking at his FB profile :-(

Oh no this is sad news.

I met him in my early months of Corrado ownership at a local meet, I had my 1st Classic Green 16v, he came a cross as a really nice guy and very enthusiastic, he took me out in his very low 16v.

Condolences to his family.

Bally's blue Corrado was one of the major influences which led to me wanting one. Thoughts go out to his young family RIP

Such a shame. Full of knowledge and very welcoming when I first joined the forum

Very sorry to here this, I too didn't know him personally but nevertheless my condolences to his family.

I too didn't know him personally however it seems he was a very popular guy! RIP Bally and my thoughts are with his family.

Did Bally also have a silver Corrado at some stage, saw it on Instagram earlier looks awesome!

Never met him in person but always liked his take on modifying motors and remember him being a very active member when I first joined up to the forum

RIP

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sad news indeed. It’s a sad fact to some of us that we at time in our life’s when this type of news becomes the norm. Wishing he’s family all the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dogma

This is such sad news. Never had the opportunity to meet him but did exchange ideas on the forum as we had the same model Corrado.

RIP Bally.