Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Started the retro fit of the heated seat loom and got rid of the rear wiper. Also popped on a 280mm momo.

MOT. Passed with no advisories. Pretty chuffed. Basically been washing it and filling it with fuel this last year, plus a wheel bearing. Replaced a cracked windscreen and had the rotten steel cut out and new welded in and some painting which came to about £800 all in, but if the screen hadn't cracked wouldn't have been doing it so, £140 inc MOT and some sundries isn't bad for a year's motoring on some thing that can't depreciate. :)

Finished painting the driveshaft, wishbones and caliper mounts with Hammerite, ready for reassembly with 2 new CV joints and all new boots tomorrow.

Investigated boot panel leak.

Bought VR6 headlights and grille on ebay.

Took gear gaiter surround off for respraying a scuff.

Can't wait until we start putting it back together!

I've been spending a bit more time sorting my new VR6;

- removed the awful amp kit and refitted OE stereo connectors and reinstalled the headunit.

- fixed the ashtray lid and release button

- fitted a Fisher CD holder.

- sorted out the sticky boot lock so it opens on the central locking again.

- organised the jack/spare wheel kit so it doesn't rattle

- booked it in for a extensive detailing session

- picked up some original Speedlines , now trying to decide on what colour. A mate is trying to convince me to polish them....

- fitted new blue expansion bottle lid

- purchased new coolant

- screwed the 6x9s down, I wasn't happy about the 6x9s but until i sort a new parcel shelf I at least one them screwed in and not rattling.

- cleaned the inner arches and fuel cap surround - literally scraping handfuls of mud and leaves out.

- removed half forest worth of leaves from the scuttle tray

- topped up the PAS fluid, brake fluid (although this will all be replaced soon) but some screen wash in.

If the weather holds up tomorrow I hope to finish cleaning up the interior and treating the leather.

It's so exciting having a new toy:-)

Got Senor Corrado through the MOT this week, so all good for another year. While he was at the garage, I got the geezers to fit my new rear clusters

which i'm very pleased with....... 'ave a pic!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76229[/ATTACH]

Think they look good on a darker coloured Corrado. Thanks to Steve in Deepest Wales for the sale. :) :)

Gave it a wash for the first time in 6 weeks! :eek::oops:

Also gave it a quick coat of wax to top up from last time. Just as I'd finished, it started raining. Perfect for some beading pics! :norty:

20131103_132239_zps0ff81d2b.jpg

20131103_132340_zps101958fc.jpg

20131103_132358_zpscb94cd56.jpg

20131103_132407_zps8ee27bc3.jpg

20131103_132500_zpsc47ae9c3.jpg

Fitted new blower motor (which was running this morning when I got into the car and has drained the battery!!!!?????? )

Uprated headlight loom fitted, new phillips bulbs to go in next...this is never ending!

Re-fitted interior trim after my recent sunroof overhaul-all good :-) & retrieved my old Speedline's from the Back of the shed & fitted them ready for the trip to the paintshop in a couple of weeks

What I did to my Corrado today?

After 6 months I finally drove the bloody thing again :dance: having finally sorted out my seized rear calliper/ carrier etc which I do not think I could possibly have done without the support and advice of forum members, so huge thanks to everyone who helped.

Ermmm.....now on with the other side :D

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by Dollyman

Did plenty this weekend.

- fitted new ignition switch

- fitted new coil pack

- fitted new secondary water pump

- fitted new expansion bottle + fresh coolant

- repaired PCV filter box - the plastic box next to the ISV - mine had split and was leaking so bad the engine would barely run

- fitted new air filter

- cleaned ISV/Throttle body/intake pipe

- cleaned ten tonnes of leafs out of the scuttle from around the ECU, cleaned ECU cage

- cleaned every single earth, the battery terminals and repaired any damaged loom tape

Most importantly , I took it for it's first test drive since fitting the new slave cylinder, bleeding the brakes, topping the power steering fluid up - it was BRILLIANT.

So so smoooth the power delivery and throttle response are significantly better than when I first acquired the car, the brakes have more force, the clutch is a delight. I'm so chuffed I'm giving it a probation period of a week before I think about more upgrades.....

Replaced front and rear engine mounts, was quite easy really, looking at gearbox mount tomorrow which doesn't seem so easy, lots of stuff in the way.

Fitted my new BMC CDA, relined my glovebox and refitted after I had to modify it following my climatronic install and cut and covered my stealth shelf! Busy busy!