mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Welcome back and congrats dad ;)

Haha, cheers mate.

Get some pics of the car up in a bit. Unfortunately due to lack of time and money it's got a couple of bodywork and trim issues but thankfully it's mechanically sound.

Glad some usual faces are around, be nice to catch up at some point.

Just in time for the 25th Anniversary meet too. :-)

Hope you can make it.

Welcome back

Welcome out of the shadows Mic, glad Robs car worked out for you, didn't really want to sell mine back :lol: :salute::salute:

Didn't expect that! Welcome back to the fold Mic! :)

Cheers guys, it feels good to be back. I've missed all the banter and camaraderie on here. Tried some bike forums and its not the same.

Wendy - yes, looking forward to the national day. Hopefully be there and get out on track, see how quick it really is.

Bill - would've loved to get Mincy back but couldn't do it to you after you've made him so good now.

Steve - I'm not a big enough twunt to be on the apprentice.... :lol:

Yep, I had a lump in my throat leaving her behind at yours today :( but even though it's a sad day I couldn't be happier knowing she's in good hands and is still in the CF family :D I reeeeeally didn't want to sell her to a randomer lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing how she progresses now :D

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

P.S I'm sure I'll be back in a couple of years too haha :D

Yes mate, keep it in the Corrado family.

Right, pics of how it is as of now. Already creating a list of parts that I need and will be on the lookout for but for now the plan is to get it through its MOT next week and maybe take it to Jersey for our holiday.

2013-05-27153701.jpg

2013-05-27153733.jpg

2013-05-27153744.jpg

2013-05-27183739.jpg

2013-05-27183756.jpg

2013-05-27183819.jpg

2013-05-27183918.jpg

2013-05-27184030.jpg

As you can see the interior needs some work, drivers seat is pretty bad, and there are a number of spots of rust bubbling and dents that need pulling, windscreen also needs replacing..... but for now I'll be concentrating on the urgent items

Hi Mic, welcome back, i used to be called 3corsameal but changed my name.

Has someone been throwing golf balls at the car :!

The dreaded street :) as above, was Rob using it for target practice :bonk:

Tasty engine bay though :thumbleft:

Yep, a piece of sodding ice dislodged from the wheel arch of a lorry in front of me one day and hit the bonnet :( No idea what caused the dents on the wing, they were recent and I've not been using the car so has to have been a neighbour, but no one confessed to it. People just don't have respect for other people's cars these days :(

beautiful combo - cream leather with the blackberry. I'm sure you'll soon put your mark on it Mic!

Like the change of name 3CM, any reason other than to distance yourself from the Corsa?

Ding on the front is least of my worries as it's been touched up quickly so no rust. More concerned about some of the bubbling down the sides but I'm hoping to whip it up to a local bodyshop in a few days to see what they say.

Hoping to make my mark on it. No doubt some wheels will be in order, but a tidy up is the main course of action at the moment.

You'll need a new door for the bubbling and did Rob tell you about the rock he drove over, which bashed the floor in pretty hard? Might want to get it on a 4 wheel jig.

Only messing :-)

I doubt he's bothered about the door Kev with the amount of welding that cars had... isn't the rear beam from an Allegro?

I doubt he's bothered about the door Kev with the amount of welding that cars had... isn't the rear beam from an Allegro?

No, it was gearbox from a Maestro :)

Rob said it was from an Austin princess....... Same as the beige interior.....