coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

17in VRS Octavia's. Fairly plain but still use OE bolts. 7in and ET38. Still getting tempted by a set of 16in Compomotive MO's but there god damn pricey and the car really need to get a few of these issues sorted first.

Thats never gonna happen. The VRS's came up locally and Ive always liked them plus Ive never seen Corrado with them. Was thinking about the rear mount and adding a spacer/s to shim the engine level. Ive never replaced one but looking at the manual its a case of taking out the central bolt, jacking up the engine, adding a spacer then replace the central bolt with a new one. Is that the case or do you think its a bit heath robinson?

Oh and its this photo that has got me thinking about the MO's again.

Thought they might look good but Ive seen some of them in person in 17in and the spokes are too thin, they dont really replicate the speedlines.

MO's are very heavy

Yep. Well over 10Kgs for the 17", which will ruin the car imo. All of compo's wheels are heavy for their size (compared to their competitors offerings), but are probably the strongest wheels around as a consequence.

At 8.2Kg for the 17" Team Dynamics copy, I'd go for that personally.

I like the look of the ProRace 2 aswell, saw them in black on an Alfa 146 GTA and they looked lush. Not sure how they'd look on a Rado though.

Racing tomorrow and not on the booze so thought I would put a little update on here. Sold the gemini box to Jenks. Though it would be a waste on my car in all honesty as I rarely get the chance to give a blast now. Got some DG braided lines and finally stripped the 288mm calipers to check the pistons. Alls good so I will get them on with some new seals. Got a chance of a garage just round the corner from the flat so I might throw it in there over the winter and sort a few jobs. Need a new tailgate so if anyone has a dragon green pearl one let me know.

Sold my KTM today as well :( but bought some 17in RC's. Ideally need a refurb so as per usual been looking at colour options. Think I'll go for grey this time like Bally's old ones. Little photoshop below.

Like the BBS, looked great on Ballys car, just as good on yours :D You'd regret getting the MO's if they are very heavy, you'd just get a really crashy ride...

Mine with Anthracite BBS, RX But you get the idea...

Sean that is one sexy car! I love those wheels, a lot like the ones I sold to Graeme on BPN!

Graeme the old girl's looking great, I've been reminiscing about my ownership lately as i get a bit of stick down here for being the only one without leather!

Did you sell the leather recaros?

You mention tailgate replacement, was that small rust bubble a bit bigger now then?

Yeah sold the leather, not sure it was the right decision due to the rare nature of the Recaros but Im not a fan of leather to be honest. I wouldnt worry about it, the car is more about what it does and how it looks than having some nice seats. Yeah tailgate has gone right through, probably repairable but glass needs to come out so Im looking for a decent replacement first.

Nice! RC's in anthracite will look really good against the green.................but ill give these wheels say what? 3 months??? :lol: :wink:

Nice! RC's in anthracite will look really good against the green.................but ill give these wheels say what? 3 months??? :lol: :wink:

Thats generous. Sorry havent phoned Vince yet, will do it this week.

Yeah sold the leather, not sure it was the right decision due to the rare nature of the Recaros but Im not a fan of leather to be honest. I wouldnt worry about it, the car is more about what it does and how it looks than having some nice seats. Yeah tailgate has gone right through, probably repairable but glass needs to come out so Im looking for a decent replacement first.

Very true, and in an effort to convince myself that leather isn't important, I'm always saying how leather would be heavier (and sticky in summer!) anyway :lol:

Sorry to hear about the tailgate, I suspect mine will need doing soon as there is a small rust bubble in exactly the same spot, looks like its common! There is a scrapped blue one down here with a perfectly good tailgate on so if the worst comes to the worst ill take that :clap:

Decided to fit the wheels to see what there like. Loving them, left the 10mm spacers on the rear and they sit fine.

Also managed to find a garage about 1min walk from the flat so I should get some work done over the winter although it doesnt have power or lighting and the worlds greatest concentration of spiders :( .

Here it is the winter home and some random pics about Aberfeeze in the ususal NE weather.