Yandards

The CF Forza 3 Race League, Final League Standing Pg 1

Anyone got any tips on car setup? I've been following you're times as a benchmark and tweaking my car but finding it difficult to get a car that can get near the times you guys are getting - I'm about 2-3 secs off the pace on the short tracks but about 20 secs off round the ring...... :?

Anyone got any tips on car setup? I've been following you're times as a benchmark and tweaking my car but finding it difficult to get a car that can get near the times you guys are getting - I'm about 2-3 secs off the pace on the short tracks but about 20 secs off round the ring...... :?

i could sell you my tuning set up if you like?

i could sell you my tuning set up if you like?[/quote:1ly85ahg]

How would that work? Will I need to buy points or something.....I've been avoiding that so far.... :lol:

i could sell you my tuning set up if you like?[/quote:15w507le]

How would that work? Will I need to buy points or something.....I've been avoiding that so far.... :lol:[/quote:15w507le]

no no.. you use the credits you get in the game to buy things. Ill upload the set up to my storefront tonight. Then you find my storefront and download it. It'll cost you a few thousand credits.

Bare in mind though, I am by no means the fastest person out there... also you cant change any set-up that you purchase. so you wont be able to tweak it for each race, its up to you :shrug:

I think that when tuning a car far too many people get hooked up on outright speed rather than handling and launch. Even a car that has 5.5 for speed will very rarely be on a track that gets to top speed. I think the Corrado I'm racing in the other league has as little as 4.9 but the handling is at 5.6 which is where it needs to be

Best tips are uprated tyres, the lightest wheels you can find (you can compare weights just as you are about to buy them), the lowest suspension and basically a big spoiler on the back :lol:

Best tips are uprated tyres, the lightest wheels you can find (you can compare weights just as you are about to buy them), the lowest suspension and basically a big spoiler on the back :lol:

I disagree, its all about power, power, power! The more Turbo's the better! Hehehe :D

I normally hate driving games because if you so much as breathe on the controller, you're straight into the Armco, so I tried Forza on my mate's Eggsbox at the weekend and I'm impressed! The programmers seem to have given the game some very decent physics and it's lot more usable as a result and the detailing is absolutely amazing :notworthy:

It's the only driving game I've played where I haven't got bored after 5 minutes.

I'm currently up to the Scirocco using the Quick Upgrade thing. The Alfa Brera got a massive 10hp for 12,000 credits, so I think I'll be sticking to turbo cars if I can help it!

I normally hate driving games because if you so much as breathe on the controller, you're straight into the Armco, so I tried Forza on my mate's Eggsbox at the weekend and I'm impressed! The programmers seem to have given the game some very decent physics and it's lot more usable as a result and the detailing is absolutely amazing :notworthy:

It's the only driving game I've played where I haven't got bored after 5 minutes.

I'm currently up to the Scirocco using the Quick Upgrade thing. The Alfa Brera got a massive 10hp for 12,000 credits, so I think I'll be sticking to turbo cars if I can help it!

Good stuff Kev, you gonna get yourself a box and get online then?

Yeah come on Kev! I always said I'd never get an xbox but look at me now...... worrying about being 2-3 seconds off the pace in the tuesday night races :lol:

LOL :lol:

Well someone did mention you can get an Eggsbox Elite with Forza and some Cod action for £199, which is very tempting as COD 6 is damn good aswell! :norty:

Trouble is, I was kind of waiting on the PS3 coming down even more for a blue ray player and Unchartered 1/2, and I don't really want 2 consoles. They ruin the chee of my AV rack :lol:

Do it Kev, I've never been a big gamer in any way shape or form but loving my xbox at the moment. Forza3 - Good, COD - Good, Assasins Creed 2 - Good! :wink:

A bit of car tweeking followed by some more Assassins Creed on the cards for tonight, then the wife is on earlys and will be home in the evenings for the rest of the week.......guess I'll actually have to do some real human interaction for the rest of the week...... :grin:

guess I'll actually have to do some real human interaction for the rest of the week...... :grin:

oooooo... tuff break... i don't think i could go through that.... :lol:

Kev do it and feck the AV rack chi :camp:

I have a couple of mates who are die hard Sony PS fans and they have both been out and bought an xbox just for Forza 3.

As for the physics side, they model tyre grip to a very high standard, the previous Forza was the first game to actually attempt to model the effect of rubber on the road and Bridgestone were approached and helped with the process. The current version models contact patch, lateral loads, sidewall deflection to name a few.

You can spend a lot of time tuning, the sheer range of options availabe in just the set-up menu can make a huge difference to handling and performance.

Then when you start diving into the parts upgrade arena it just gets crazy, running gear and engine transplants, chucking a cam in the engine moves the redline up, you can tune up an N/A car with a nice flat torque curve or a twin turbo monster that just delivers all its torque above 2.5k. Shame you can't actually modfiy the engine maps...

As for set-ups...

1st upgrade is always a gearbox with an adjustable final drive, this way you can lower the final drive to get more acceleration and make the best use of the available power. In terms of the CF race league with a PI cap of 400 it appears the power is king, a car with just raw handling mods is not fast enoguh to beat Junkie and his quad turbo monster.

so i got forza 3 as a chrissy present from what do i have to do to join you guys ??

The Sunday night league is filled mate, but theres usually a few around online for a casual race or 2, add me on xboxlive Mattski76

In terms of the CF race league with a PI cap of 400 it appears the power is king, a car with just raw handling mods is not fast enoguh to beat Junkie and his quad turbo monster.

Ok so thats twice you have called me Junkie now! :epicfail:

looks like im getting this to, they have a deal on at blockbuster in town so its 29.99, may as well :D

will be up for joining another CF league in the future when i have played it a bit so im not :censored: :lol:

Played this for the first time tonight after getting it for christmas and I love it.

Such great graphics.

Of corse I had to get the rado as soon as I could afford to :D

The level of detail in it is amazng, the rado's dash is like some one took a pic and put that in there.

I love it :D