mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Spotted today at VW Whitenoise, looking good

DSCF7285_zps7ee9cb3e.jpg

Cheers mate, appreciated. Thought it looked pretty good given I had to wash it in a field and started at 6.30am! First time using Poorboys black hole glaze and Nattys blue wax. Really impressed with the results on the day, just need to see how well it beads in the bad weather.

My favourite shots of the weekend:

IMG_23521.jpg

IMG_23571.jpg

IMG_23541.jpg

Cheers mate, appreciated. Thought it looked pretty good given I had to wash it in a field and started at 6.30am! First time using Poorboys black hole glaze and Nattys blue wax. Really impressed with the results on the day, just need to see how well it beads in the bad weather.

That's interesting because this weekend was my first trial of Richkids Intergalactic Orange rub and Cindy's tortoise shell lemon wick glaze. Impressed, I was.

First time using Poorboys black hole glaze and Nattys blue wax.

Interesting; haven't heard of PBs Natty Blue Wax before, but really rate their Black Hole product. I'm assuming the correct sequence would be polish, black hole, blue wax...?

Cheers Bill, proof I wash it! :lol:

Mark - that's the sequence I use but some use a sealant before the wax, apparently, and that's too much effort for me.

Managed to get some time today so I thought I'd finally fit my dave16v short shifter. Spot the difference!

11934da4940a8cdf4d935275225ca3cc.jpg

Feels nice and precise but need to have a proper drive this evening to see exactly how much different it is. PITA to fit but hopefully all worth it.

Just back from a quick spin and it's a noticeable improvement. Shift is a bit heavier but it feels much more precise and positive, more modern even.

Top work Dave, highly recommend this mod.

So I've got a load of metal bushings which I thought were gear linkage related but offering them up today they seemed the wrong size. Now I'm not sure what they're for! :lol:

So I guess it was going to happen at some point.... And tonight it did.

... Heater matrix has gone pop :(

So I guess it was going to happen at some point.... And tonight it did.

... Heater matrix has gone pop :(

Thats a B*****D mic

Without any doubt I love these cars to bits, but they do seriously test you :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

I'm fairly impressed that I've not had to do the matrix already. It's done ok for 20 years old! It's annoying but hopefully it'll be easy to sort, I'm not going to mess about I'll be taking the dash out.

And I guess I'll just sort the turbo at the same time..... It's the logical thing to do!

Mate it will be therapeutic doing it I am sure :)

That's one word for it! :lol:

Sean - I'll be there with you in spirit.

Matrix , that's a bummer mate . It's not so bad once you get into the job . What I don't like is fitting all the bits back . Sometimes no matter how hard you try , things just don't sit right .